PA IV Performing Arts / Latin American Studies
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
PA IV Performing Arts / Latin American StudiesJob Summary:
Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean and under the direction of the Department Chair/Director, the Program Assistant IV will provide full-time secretarial support services to the Performing Arts and Social Justice Department, the Latin American Studies program, and the Center for Latina/o American Studies in the Americas. Performs various secretarial and administrative support duties for full- and part-time faculty.Full Job Description:
Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean and under the direction of the Department Chair/Director, the Program Assistant IV will provide full-time secretarial support services to the Performing Arts and Social Justice Department, the Latin American Studies program, and the Center for Latina/o American Studies in the Americas. Performs various secretarial and administrative support duties for full- and part-time faculty.
- Organizes work, sets priorities, and manages department/program office under the general guidance of the Chair/Director.
- Helps create a warm, welcoming environment and assists faculty, students, staff and other visitors to the office.
- Acts as a resource person/liaison between and among faculty, students, and the University community, as well as members of the public.
- Receives and screens a variety of calls and emails. Takes information, answers inquiries, provides information using knowledge of University, College and department/program academic policies and procedures.
- Modifies and develops office work procedures to increase efficiency, maintenance of confidentiality, or work flow using knowledge of operations and creative problem solving techniques; designs new forms, as appropriate, to implement changes.
- Handles confidential, sensitive materials relating to faculty, student and other issues.
- Provides administrative support for professional and scholarly activities of the faculty.
- Assists with planning and coordinating events and meetings.
- Processes invoices and purchases supplies and other support for the department/program.
- Hires, trains and supervises student assistant(s).
- Creates or inputs, revises, stores, retrieves, edits and prints a variety of (sometimes confidential) documents, reports, or records using word processing software. Prepares and does minor editing of manuscripts (e.g., technical manuscripts, those written in a foreign language), reports, grant proposals, catalog copy, meeting minutes, class schedules, tests, and course syllabi and manuals, as well as routine correspondence.
- Sets up, maintains and revises record-keeping procedures and files as appropriate for the Department/Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post high school education preferred
- Four years of increasingly responsible experience in administrative support work or related education, including at least two years in a senior administrative support role.
- Must be able to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team.
- Ability to handle diverse situations and meet demanding deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and functions.
- Must be able to interact with faculty, students, staff, academic community and the public with tact, discretion, and courtesy; contribute to professional environment.
- Experience in student services/student advising preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to word process with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets with accuracy.
- Must be flexible and readily adaptable to change, have good organizational skills and be able to prioritize masses of detail.
- Must have or quickly develop an understanding of academic policy and administrative operations.
- Ability to use desktop publishing software and equipment to design and produce high-quality publications preferred.
- Previous experience in an educational, multicultural setting preferred.
- Must have, or quickly develop, understanding of academic policy and administrative operations as well as credible stature with members of the academic community and public.
Full timePay Rate:
HourlyTo apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/PA-IV--Perf-Arts-LAS-CELASA_R0003966.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.