1001 Connecticut Ave. NW
Are you an IT professional looking to work for a mission-driven organization?
Do you have experience working with Microsoft Domain and troubleshooting?
We are currently in search of an IT Specialist for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: IT Specialist
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $17.00 - $20.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The IT Specialist will provide day-to-day desktop and network support. Technical support includes maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting desktop/laptop computers, software applications, phone hardware, printers and network hardware.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology
- 1-2 years of hands on experience in support and network administration
· Excellent troubleshooting, installing, and critical thinking skills
- Great customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Perform workstation setup including hardware configuration, software installation, and printer and phone connectivity
- Provide information to staff and fellows on the capabilities and limitations of available software systems
- Install and configure new systems, maintain current platforms of internal servers and networking equipment.
- Responsible for daily network management and monitoring. Maintains fax, printer, copier, and conference room hardware
- Assemble, disassemble and move equipment
- Serves as a liaison between staff and IT service contractor
- Purchases IT equipment with the permission of supervisor
- Creates network user accounts, email accounts, and sets access permissions for new personnel
- Works with HR department to develop needed IT training for staff as needed
Other IT and miscellaneous duties as required
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “IT Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required