1101 17th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
TenSquare is a national charter school support organization that works alongside schools and staff to make lasting and measurable change. Working in nine states and the District of Columbia, TenSquare has practice areas in school performance, talent services, facility development, and authorizer/agency support. TenSquare team members bring operational and management expertise from top tier schools and networks from around the country.
TenSquare works in partnership with schools and school systems to help them navigate the charter accountability landscape, grow and thrive in an increasingly competitive charter school environment, and improve student outcomes. Specifically, we:
- Provide strategic and focused accountability coaching for leaders and boards;
- Develop and help implement high-impact and proven instructional coaching strategies and professional development to increase student achievement;
- Strengthen organizational performance through enhanced processes for budgeting, staffing, scheduling, compliance, and other operational priorities;
- Conduct in-depth performance audits and create data-driven action plans and operational road maps for change;
- Provide performance data analysis and compliance support;
- Facilitate long-term capacity building, strategic planning, and turnaround initiatives;
- Recruit high performing teachers and leaders for PK-12 and Adult Ed schools;
- Support planning, development, and financing of facilities projects.
TenSquare’s strategic, hands-on engagements have led to significant gains in student achievement and organizational performance as measured by state exams and authorizer report cards.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TenSquare seeks an Instructional Coach in English Language Arts (ELA) to work with K-12 teachers at partner schools in Washington, DC. The Instructional Coach aims to increase student achievement by building the capacity of instructors through curriculum support, instructional coaching and professional development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include:Using student data to inform and impact instruction
- Fostering collaborative and trusting relationships with teachers
- Supporting teachers by observing, modeling, co-teaching, co-planning and debriefing/reflection
- Setting individual and effective goals with teachers and helping them meet those goals
- Ensuring understanding and alignment of curriculum and teacher lesson plans, PARCC readiness and implementation
- Providing explicit feedback on lesson plans
- Creating and delivering high quality professional development for teachers
- Other duties as assigned (including but not limited curriculum mapping, recruitment, writing lesson plans, assessing students, and small group pull out)
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
Educational Background and Work Experience
- A minimum of three years of classroom teaching experience, additional years preferred
- Leadership experience as a Mentor Teacher, Department Head, Instructional Coach, Academic Director, or Assistant Principal preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; a Master’s degree preferred
Skills and Characteristics
- A proven track record of raising student achievement, preferably in high-need schools or with high-need populations
- Experience coaching teachers to instructional excellence including knowledge of effective instructional practices and how to provide feedback, and providing professional development to teachers to improve the quality of instruction
- Strong familiarity with Common Core Standards, and experience with the PARCC exam a plus
- Comfort synthesizing and prioritizing data to solve problems and develop strategies to achieve ambitious academic goals
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- A demonstrated passion for advancing educational opportunities in low-income communities
- Knowledge of the charter school movement, a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click here to apply to the Instructional Coach, ELA position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
TenSquare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TenSquare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.