- Job posted by National Association of County and City Health Officials
The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), a national organization representing approximately 2,800 local health departments (LHDs) nationwide, has an immediate opening for a Grants Coordinator.
The Grants Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the coordination of pre-award planning and post-award administration of various grants assigned to the Lead Grant Administrators (LGAs) of the organization. Interacts with staff to ensure that grants are in compliance with regulatory, funding agency and policy requirements.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Enters budgets and modifications into Abila/MIP.
- Supports LGAs in reviewing budget worksheets and justifications for accuracy and completeness.
- Assists LGAs in preparing monthly grant expenditure analyses.
- Provides administrative and fiscal research support related to grants management/program meetings, requests for proposals/grant continuation submissions, A-133 audits, and hoc requests for information.
- Works with the LGAs to create and update a grant management calendar of deliverables.
- Develops and maintains specialized databases and systems for recording and tracking grant proposals and awards, distribute standard and special reports as required.
- Maintains knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Works with fiscal team to maintain digital and hard copy grant files.
- Serves as the point-of-contact for sending and retrieving grant files to/from storage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consults with Fiscal Team to identify system-wide priorities.
<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/zk52b8qffsn8jspv"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vxrpxlmSK2rKafd2LCyqwn">
Bachelor's degree in relevant professional field with a minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience and/or advanced technical training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, including a relevant certification. CDC grants administration experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of current developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to determine informational needs, and to collect and analyze information.
- Skill in use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Database management skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgements.
- In-depth understanding of the organization, departments and its functions.
- Organized and attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full-time, Non-Exempt, TERM: This position is considered Fiscal Year term, however it is a mission critical role. NACCHO will continually strive to maintain funding for all positions.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $25.88-27.17 hourly, commensurate with experienceÂ
SELECTION PROCESS: We only accept applications that follow the electronic process. No phone calls please. This position is subject to background screening. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, one writing sample with salary requirements to: PN-TBD, Grants Coordinator using the following link: https://naccho.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/5821666e-3384-512f-90e5-d65a3d1dad47/apply?source=669181-CS-2909
NACCHO offers generous benefits plan including but not limited to 13 days of sick leave annual leave allowable accumulation up to 225 hours, and paid vacation leave, as well as other types of leave. NACCHO benefits include a generous health, dental, and vision plan, 5 percent of base salary contribution to 403(b) plan, (not a matching contribution); paid short and long term disability plan and paid term life insurance. NACCHO also offers discounted gym membership. Â
At NACCHO, our commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action seeks to ensure a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.Â We respect and value work force diversity among all employees and all those with whom we do business.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply