Student Accounts Specialist
- Job posted by California Institute of Integral Studies
Details: Yearly Salary
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,500 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM). In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs division, including workshops, lectures, and certificate programs. The University provides affordable mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its ten award-winning clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
The Business Accounts Specialist is mainly responsible for Business Office services to students. However, the position will assist with other operational duties of the Business Office, including support to faculty, staff, and accounts payable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily processing of student payments and posting to accounts
- Review student accounts and maintain billing process
- Assist students with understanding tuition billings and payments
- Respond daily to students issues (by email, by phone, and in person)
- Email students regarding due dates for payments and Financial Aid disbursements
- Track and maintain deferred payment plans
- Follow up on collections and payments
- Maintain student accounts spreadsheet and aging report
- Prepare bank deposits
- Reprint 1098-T student tax forms
- Disburse Financial Aid checks and follow up with students
- Maintain student credits on accounts and resolve related questions
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university
- 2-3 years of bookkeeping/accounting or related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel), Cashnet and Jenzabar
- Ability to learn enterprise database systems quickly
- Previous working experience in an academic environment
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with other departments
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with both time and data
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply