Part time bookkeeper
- Job posted by Preserve
Bookkeeper – Part Time
Waltham, MA – Greater Boston area (accessible by commuter rail and bus)
Preserve seeks a hard-working, self-motivated bookkeeper to contribute to our team. This position will provide the opportunity to work on both bookkeeping tasks as well as engage in financial analysis. The bookkeeper also collaborates with the customer service team and contributes to the operational needs of a small entrepreneurial office.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the input of bills and basic communication with vendors.
- Manage the invoicing and basic communication with customers about collection of receivables.
- Support cash flow management with Preserve's Controller.
- Manage inventory accounting in QuickBooks.
- Create reports from QuickBooks and communicate with Preserve's Managers and Directors.
- Support the Controller in day to day financial management functions.
- Accounting or finance background is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with QuickBooks or similar program preferred.
- Strong Excel and Word skills are required.
- Familiarity with computer networking and IT troubleshooting preferred.
- Attention to detail and pride in accuracy.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and juggle priorities as needed.
- Effective at working autonomously and collaboratively.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven quantitative skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
This position will provide the opportunity to work on key projects that are essential to the operation and success of a small company. It also provides a good “foot in the door” for an individual seeking to develop his/her skills in a growing environmental consumer products company. Creativity, independence and accountability are appreciated and encouraged.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit. We take action and believe strongly in calculated risks. We aim to take our work seriously, but also to laugh at ourselves. Underlying all that we do is a respect for each other and an acknowledgement that it is our unique experiences and perspectives that make us a stronger team. We are flexible but accountable. We work hard and play as often as we can, sharing potlucks, birthdays, and tossing a Frisbee after an outdoor meeting.
The people we would like to work with are:
- Team players with a positive, eager to get‐it‐done attitude.
- Interested in working for a small company with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Self‐motivated with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Committed to socially and environmentally responsible business practices.
- Passionate about the Preserve brand and working towards our goal of bringing Preserve products and mission to millions of new households.
Hourly salary to be commensurate with experience level. This is a part time position requiring approximately 20- 25 hours a week. Preserve offers a flexible work environment and policies to support quality of life. Health care benefits are offered to part time workers who meet a threshold of hours worked.
Preserve is a leading sustainable consumer goods company and producer of stylish eco-friendly household products including a full line of kitchen products, tableware, and personal care products, using 100% recycled plastic and plant-based compostable materials. Through innovations in recycled and biodegradable materials and sustainable design, Preserve has been creating more resourceful ways to make everyday products since 1996. The company is powered by the recycling efforts of individuals and companies via its Preserve Gimme 5 program. This program accepts #5 plastics such as yogurt cups and other common household containers and transforms them into new products. All of Preserve’s recycling and manufacturing is done in the United States. Preserve pioneers partnerships with premier product design, manufacturing, and sales and marketing firms to bring together thought leaders and drive industry change. Preserve empowers people to make everyday choices that are better for the earth while offering real solutions without compromise. Preserve products can be found at retailers such as Whole Foods Market and a variety of grocery and natural food stores. Preserve is a Certified B Corporation. Visit us online at http://www.preserve.eco
Please apply via our B Work portal:
1. Include your resume
2. Include a cover letter that:
- Describes why you are the right person for the position
- Provides examples that demonstrate your qualifications
- Informs us of your availability and when you would be able to start
Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in Preserve!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please go to https://www.fitzii.com/apply/34537?s=id