Coordinator of Donated Goods and Volunteer Relations
- Job posted by Sanctuary for Families
Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
We are looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Coordinator of Donated Goods and Volunteer Relations to join our Development and Communications team. The Coordinator ensures that all Sanctuary clients have access to clothing and other necessities by coordinating the screening, receipt, storage, inventory, tracking, and distribution of donated goods for clients. The Coordinator also provides administrative support for the onboarding and tracking of volunteers.
S/he will join a dynamic and growing Development Department and will report to the Director of Volunteer and Corporate Relations, working closely with others throughout the organization.
- Maintains The Butterfly Boutique, Sanctuary's on-site clothing “store” for clients.
- Screens calls and emails regarding offers of donated goods.
- Coordinates the delivery, receipt, sorting, and storage of donated goods, with (as appropriate) the internal operations and facilities team.
- Coordinates the distribution of donated items to clients, often working with volunteers, including responding to staff requests and arranging for deliveries to all Sanctuary locations.
- Supervises regularly scheduled volunteers (individuals and groups).
- Oversees the tracking and reporting of donated goods, including items received (assigning an estimated dollar value based on Sanctuary's guidelines) and related donor information; items given to clients; and basic inventory of items in storage.
- Collaborates with Development and Communications staff on the large, annual holiday gift programs, back-to-school drive, and other donated goods campaigns.
- Processes all incoming volunteer applications (printing/scanning/collecting names and email addresses for import into tracking system).
- Processes forms and records related information from confirmed volunteers.
- Coordinates attendance for client events.
- Assists with data entry for volunteer program tracking in Volgistics.
- Performs any other department or agency duties or special projects as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience required.
- Highly organized with a great attention to detail.
- Outgoing, positive personality with very strong interpersonal skills.
- Facility with databases; Volgistics experience a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations (colleagues, clients, volunteers).
- Willingness to work evenings and occasional weekends for special events.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong commitment to the mission, goals and value of Sanctuary for Families.
Minimum Education Required