Annual Fund and Corporate Engagement Manager
- Job posted by Careers In Nonprofits - San Francisco Office
466 Geary Street
Are you an energetic and entrepreneurial development professional? Do you have experience with annual fund and corporate fundraising? Are you interested in working for a research organization?
We are currently in search of an Annual Fund and Corporate Engagement Manager for a Medical Research Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Medical Research Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Annual Fund and Corporate Engagement Manager
SALARY: $70,000 - $80,000
HOURS: 9am- 5pm, M-F
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director of Development/ COO and working closely with the Director of Development, the Annual Fund and Corporate Engagement Manager is responsible for overall administration and leadership of the Annual Fund. This includes online and social media fundraising communications, promotion of workplace giving campaigns, targeted strategies to increase giving based on industry best practices and donor interests.
S/he will work with key staff to lead stewardship activities, Gala sponsorships, and manage development operations to forward the major gifts program including prospect identification and management. S/he will also support the senior leadership team in managing corporate relations and partnerships, particularly for workplace giving campaigns and event sponsorships.
· Medical, dental, vision (PPO/HMO)
· 401 K plan
· Paid time off and sick leave
· Professional development training opportunities
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 3+ years of development experience with demonstrated success in fundraising, direct marketing, communications or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge
· Experience with Direct Mail, social media and online platforms, data base strategies
· Excellent project management skills
· Proven track record in working with donors who contribute $1,000 to $10,000+ per year
· Strong writing and editing skills
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Strategic, energetic and entrepreneurial professional
· Strong interest in health and wellness, preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Annual Fund and Donor Stewardship (60%)
- Design, implement, manage, and evaluate annual fund strategy for donors
- Promote and manage various giving vehicles including monthly donors and peer-to-peer fundraising
- Prepare and monitor annual giving budget and timeline for all campaigns
- Work with the Director of Communications to implement appropriate social media and online giving strategies, make upgrades to website donor page, stay informed of the latest trends and recommend best practices
- Work closely with graphic designers, contractors, and the mail house to ensure delivery of high quality materials on time and on budget
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge to strategically manage Annual Fund solicitations with emphasis on upgrading current donors and recovering support from lapsed donors
- With Director of Operations, track all event income and reconcile reports to ensure all contributions and commitments are recorded; coordinate and send pledge reminders as needed
· Corporate Engagement and Annual Gala Sponsorships (20%)
- Assist with the identification and tracking of corporate and foundation supporters for events including gala and educational seminars
- Manage the corporate and foundation grant proposals for all events and other engagement opportunities
- Research and identify other possible engagement opportunities for corporate donors, such as webinars, newsletter, publication sponsorship
- Develop solicitation materials and execute the Host Committee mailing in advance of the invitation mailing
- Create annual prospect list and strategies for solicitation, follow-up and stewardship of Gala sponsors
· Prospect Management and Support for Major Gifts (10%)
- Identify and track major gift/capital campaign prospects to assist the DOD, EDD and the CEO in their roles to solicit donors.
- Create and execute a donor-centric moves management engagement strategy in order to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors to secure gifts and pledges
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Annual Fund and Corporate Engagement Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required