Digital Associate, Knowledge & Communications
- Job posted by Mission Investors Exchange
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Mission Investors Exchange (MIE) is the leading impact investing network for foundations dedicated to deploying capital for social and environmental change. With over 200 members, it provide resources, inspiration, and connections to help its members increase the scale and impact of their impact investing practice. Members come to Mission Investors Exchange and each other for best practices, new investment opportunities, deal partnerships, and innovations in impact investing around the world.
Learn more about Mission Investors Exchange members and its work at www.missioninvestors.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a valuable member of the Knowledge, Communications, & Membership team, the Associate will be charged with developing MIE’s digital strategy, elevating how MIE supports membership engagement, builds community, and shares learning — both internally and externally.
In collaboration with other team members, the Digital Associate will be responsible for managing MIE’s technology platforms, including the website, Salesforce, and related technical tools, to optimize MIE’s use of technology in service of staff and communities in innovative ways. In addition to maintaining the online platforms and seeking ongoing improvements, the Digital Associate will coordinate and manage the execution of major digital projects, collect and synthesize feedback across the team and throughout MIE’s network, create and manage work plans, and conduct and oversee data analysis (including analytics associated with MIE’s website and Salesforce).
In addition, the Associate will work with other members of the MIE team to improve MIE’s libraries on impact investing — for members and for internal staff — by envisioning how to structure content for searchability, insight, and ongoing learning.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an intellectually curious individual who thrives at the intersection between communications and technology. The ideal person will be interested in serving the philanthropic sector, learning about impact investing, and building skills in a cross-functional organization. The Associate will be a member of the Knowledge, Communications, & Membership team and will report to the Vice President of Knowledge & Communications.
Areas of Responsibility
- Website Experience: Facilitate the development of MIE’s website, including posting content, improving user experience, and organizing resources on impact investing
- Email Deployment and Automated Marketing: Design automated engagement structures, processes, and workflows to deploy MIE’s newsletters, membership and renewal campaigns, and other targeted communication (i.e., MIE’s 2020 Conference)
- Salesforce: Facilitate the ongoing design, development, and utilization of MIE’s Salesforce platform, keep an eye on improvements and ongoing upkeep, train staff on best practices, and support data analysis and strategic use
- Data Analysis: Examine, produce, and communicate insights on the patterns of MIE’s audiences across communications and marketing platforms, serving as the go-to consultant who will improve the content, structure, and features of MIE’s virtual platforms based on data
- Information Structure: Partner with others in the department to regularly improve the structure of our information and content, including management of knowledge
- Project Management: Develop and manage clear work plans, keeping projects moving on time
- Customer Service: Provide support to MIE staff when needed in a rapidly evolving environment
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Technical: Intermediate knowledge of HTML and general working knowledge of CSS and website coding; proven success using Salesforce to build and execute campaigns and run operations; experience using website content management systems, including the structure and development of content types and design modules
- Analytical: Ability to develop reports and use qualitative and quantitative information in planning and decision-making
- Project Management: Ability to create clear and workable project plans, communicate those plans clearly, and manage deadlines
- Writing and Editing: Core competence in writing, proofreading, and editing, with attention to detail
- Open-Minded and Entrepreneurial Approach: Intellectual curiosity and interest in using technology creatively
- Understanding of marketing strategy, including tools for automation and setting up workflows
- Experience working in Pardot
- Love of data analytics and the ability to surface meaning from data
- Design skills and experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with Drupal
- Experience working with network and/or mission driven organizations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Mission Investors Exchange is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required