- Job posted by Peterson Center on Healthcare
Organization: Peterson Center on Healthcare
Location: New York, NY
The Peterson Center on Healthcare is a non-profit organization dedicated to making higher quality, more affordable healthcare a reality for all Americans. The organization is working to transform U.S. healthcare into a high-performance system by finding innovative solutions that improve quality and lower costs and accelerating their adoption on a national scale. Established by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the Center collaborates with stakeholders across the healthcare system and engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research. To learn more about The Peterson Center on Healthcare, please visit: http://petersonhealthcare.org.
The Peterson Center on Healthcare has developed a primary care transformation model, which is aimed at leveraging facilitation and technology to improve healthcare quality and decrease cost of care, and is several years into the implementation and replication of this model. In order to understand the impact of this model and opportunities for further improvement, the Center is seeking an Evaluation Specialist to design and monitor evaluation activities. The Evaluation Specialist will focus on providing evaluation expertise and support and will strategically develop and manage complex grants and contracts with data suppliers and evaluators that require strong partner and project management.
- Co-designing and implementing a request for evaluation proposals for the Center's primary care implementation effort.
- Reviewing and consolidating literature related to project measures.
- Engaging with project and evaluation partners to ensure milestones are clearly defined, progress stays on track, and deliverables meet standards to advance the goals of the Center's strategy.
- Collaborating with the Center's performance associate to align data collection and reporting efforts across improvement efforts and evaluation activities.
- Providing QA on partners' data exports and analyses, as required.
- Compiling efficacy and effectiveness outcomes to report to internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing statistical and evaluation design expertise to both internal and external partners.
- At least 5 years of professional experience that includes experience in applied evaluation sciences with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Prior experience in managing and analyzing complex, longitudinal data sets. Experience in health service research evaluations, including technology-dependent innovations and cost of care outcomes, and with health insurance claims data preferred.
- Experience developing or reviewing evaluation and research proposals.
- In-depth knowledge of evaluation design and implementation, including logic models, mixed research methods, data collection and management, and data analysis and presentation to inform implementation and practice.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative collection and analysis skills, with the ability to provide technical assistance and quality assurance for clients and partners.
- Demonstrated project/program management skills, including prior success in managing multiple stakeholders and timelines.
- Experience or familiarity with human subjects and IRB protocols in relation to healthcare settings and data.
- Ability to prioritize and manage large amounts of information in order to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, visual, and oral communication skills, effective with broad and diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated or expressed interest in learning how to spread and scale care models and innovations in healthcare.
- Master's degree or PhD in evaluation sciences required.
Using the link below, please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed Frederica Stahl. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
This search is being managed by Commongood Careers in partnership with Koya Leadership Partners.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership is a national retained executive search and human capital-consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.
Minimum Education Required