- Job posted by Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a storytelling, brand building and content development professional to fill the role of Communications Manager. This position requires a bachelor's degree as well as background developing public relations and communications strategy. PLI's client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has impeccable writing skills and is passionate about developing and sharing strategic, creative content that will result in increased brand awareness.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Communications Manager will work closely with staff across the organization to understand the workings and product lines/deliverables of each department and, in turn, develop effective written content that advances PLI's mission and brand.
• Work with PLI leadership and Director, Marketing to develop communications strategy and content plans to drive the PLI mission and brand.
• Develop and manage press relations and Identify opportunities to advance PLI through print and online publications
• Create content to be shared via social media, websites, newsletters, blogs and/or press releases.
• Draft and edit press releases, media advisories, blog posts and other public-facing materials while adhering to PLI's voice, tone and communications strategy.
• Edit and write for sections of PLI's website.
• Spearhead communications coordination across PLI by disseminating best practices and brand enforcement via media trainings, as appropriate.
• Keep abreast of media and marketing trends and apply insights to PLI communications strategy.
• Support copywriting efforts across Marketing, Programs and other internal departments.
• Manage PLI exhibition schedule and ensure relevant materials are prepared for each.
• Respond to RFPs for upcoming conferences (and research opportunities at conferences) to position PLI President and other staff as speakers at industry conferences, to further advance PLI.
• Be the story-telling ambassador to drive content marketing within the organization, to build strong relationships with members and customers and drive brand loyalty and understanding of our unique value proposition and history.
• Special assignments for the President.
• Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• BA degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field is required.
• 5 - 7 years of communications or public relations experience required.
• Ability to work in a deadline-drive environment with multiple project streams running concurrently.
• Excellent writing and copy-editing skills with a flair for storytelling.
• Experience publishing content through a content management system.
• Knowledge and experience using media management and tracking tools.
• A versatile self-starter and creative thinker with the ability to build relationships across departments.
• Established relationships with reporters/producers at leading media outlets preferred.
For 85 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation's leading preparation course for the Patent Office's Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. As a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, generous contributions to employee retirement accounts, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website http://www.pli.edu/.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1193437
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1193437