Kettle Campaign Assistant/DHQ-Development/Chicago
- Job posted by Metropolitan Divisional Headquarters
DOING THE MOST GOOD
Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? The Salvation Army is the fourth largest charity in the United States and is an international organization based on Biblical principles created to help people in need. We are mission-driven, diverse, collaborative, and focused on positive results for people. Join us in making a difference.
POSITION TITLE: Kettle Campaign Assistant
LOCATION/DEPT: Divisional Headquarters/Development
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Kettle Campaign Manager
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
STATUS TYPE: Temporary Full-Time
Generate a large amount of Red Kettle Volunteers to raise financial funds needed for services provided to individuals and families by the corps of The Salvation Army.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to Kettle Campaign Manager and corps officers Red Kettle Campaign.
- Maintain database – Register to Ring – for recruitment of volunteers, locations of kettle sites, daily driver's routes and statistical reports for productivity.
- Coordinate communications and placement of new volunteers with the Corps
- Utilize office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, copier, and money counting machines.
- Attend weekly update conference calls with Corps
- Inventory is accounted for at the beginning and ending of season for DHQ equipment. Report any broken equipment for replacement by the next season.
- Approval of expenses is required by Kettle Campaign Manager prior to purchase.
- Create financial reports of all kettles sites through Register To Ring including locations, days and dollars raised. Report to Kettle Campaign Manager on a daily basis or as requested.
- Responsible for financial integrity of the kettles.
- Profitability is crucial to the success of this bellringing season (November-December). Return on Investment (ROI) should be less than 35% of expense in comparison to gross income (net profit).
- Employees and Volunteers
- Employee records are kept confidential and processed through the DHQ HR Department with the approval of the Kettle Campaign Manager.
- Research and attend new community paid/volunteer recruitment events.
- Identify community organizations to partner with in communicating through Eblasts or emails for recruitment of volunteer needs for the organization.
- Maintain contact with corps staff and volunteers; answers questions, concerns or problems.
- Generate enthusiasm by telling the story of The Salvation Army and the impact their participation has on the Christmas Red Kettle Campaign.
- Other Duties
- As requested by Kettle Campaign Manager
This position reports to the Kettle Campaign Manager.
In contacts related to this position's duties, this individual acts as a representative of The Salvation Army and its mission.
This individual will be evaluated on how effectively the outcomes of this position are achieved, as well as timeliness and accuracy of accomplishing assigned goals as outlined above. An evaluation of how effectively service is provided will be based on daily financial reports and profitability.
- Minimum High School diploma.
- At least two year experience in human service or fundraising field.
- Valid Driver's license; MVR; Criminal and financial background clearance.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Uses diplomacy and good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a self starter.
- An attention to detail.
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in light of changing job situations/priorities.
- Willing to promote the mission and ministry of The Salvation Army.
- An ability to work with confidential material.
- This individual will only commit Army resources that have been allocated or approved.
- This individual will keep the Kettle Campaign Manager informed on all critical issues relating to their area of responsibility.
- This individual will adhere to all policies and procedures in carrying out the responsibilities of this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position is required to do moderate physical work and sit for extended periods of time in a motor vehicle. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time, communicate effectively, position self to stoop, kneel, or crouch; and frequently required to reach with use of hands and arms. Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision, and ability to focus. The work environment includes an office environment with use of PC and standard office equipment as well as outside environment (during winter months) with a low to high noise level. Ability to concentrate in such a workplace is essential. Must be able to travel to various kettle locations and have ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants with disabilities may contact us at (773)725-1100 for additional information or assistance with the application process.
Minimum Education Required