- Job posted by Green Drop Garage
Help us take Green Drop Garage to the next level!
Green Drop Garage is actively seeking an Executive Assistant to provide senior level administrative support to the owner and Executive Staff. You will become a trusted part of the Green Drop Garage team, managing the details and helping our unique company grow and thrive.
Our office is located in the Central Eastside of Portland and hours are generally 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.
The right candidate is organized, works independently, and adapts quickly to new challenges. From managing daily functions to helping to launch a new initiative, the Executive Assistant will play a vital role in representing the owner both in the company and also to clients and the community in general.
At Green Drop Garage, we are committed to our core values and we strive to live them every day.
DO THE RIGHT THING
We consider the impact of every decision made. Do right by our clients, our team and our environment. We own our mistakes and fix them - even if (and especially if) nobody is watching.
GET IT DONE
We take pride in what we do – we exceed expectations, produce at high levels, and push our comfort zones to grow. We don’t accept limitations; If there is a better way of doing something, we’ll find it.
At Green Drop, it’s never just, “Your car is broken,” but, “Here’s what we can do to fix it.” We are committed to the outcome of our work together, and tackle every challenge with a solutions mindset. We listen closely, interpret carefully, and deliver thoughtful solutions – every time.
Our values manifest themselves as a group of dynamic learners and do-ers who are passionate about improving every day, producing inspired and effective work, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
For the “A player” (someone in the top 10% of talent for any position) looking for something special, this position is the opportunity for you.
- Do you have a passion for serving others?
- Do you have a high level of attention to detail?
- Do you love creating systems that are simple, beautiful, and intuitive?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself every day?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you look at work as a career rather than just a job?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
We fix cars. But how we do it makes all the difference - car repair can and should be different. Our environmental slant is just the start. We invest back into our staff with full benefits, continuing education and promotion from within.
Our community also shares in our success. We help where we can - whether it be free repair services for nonprofits, teaching classes, support of local farmers, or fundraisers for causes we believe in.
Green Drop Garage is a certified B Corporation and Eco Biz. Other awards including Oregon's Fastest Growing Company 2016, 2017; Oregon Ethics in Business Finalist 2016; Willamette Week Best of Portland 2016, 2017.
Green Drop Garage Owner Farhad Ghafarzade started the company in the depths of the recession in 2009. In 2017, Farhad received Portland Business Journal's 40 Under 40 award and currently serves on board for Metro Family Service and is a member of Portland Rotary Club.
Watch this episode of OPB’s Start Up to learn more about Farhad and Green Drop Garage: http://www.pbs.org/video/start-hub-repair/ (start at 1:30)
Green Drop Garage is seeking a dynamic Executive Assistant to support the Owner in strategically growing the organization. By helping to organize and streamline processes and also helping to execute on various initiatives, the Executive Assistant will play a vital role in the growth of Green Drop Garage.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Owner including both business and personal matters; handling confidential information with discretion
- Conserve the Owner's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating communications
- Maintain the Owner's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and other appointments; sending meeting reminders
- Prepare the Owner for meetings and appointments by gathering documents and information, drafting briefs and agendas, and reserving meeting space
- Make all necessary travel plans and arrangements; prepare travel expense reports for the Office Manager
- Ensure the Owner’s guests and clients are greeted in a friendly and professional manner, both in person or on the telephone, and answer or direct any inquiries appropriately
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems and taking meeting notes
- Handle the Owner’s incoming and outgoing mail
- Collect, input, and manage information relating to the Owner’s contacts database
- Represent the Owner by attending meetings in his absence and speaking for him when necessary
- Run errands for the Owner, as needed
- Assist in planning events, as needed
- Manage and complete projects for the Owner and Executive Team -- assigning work as necessary and following up on results
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Work with the Owner to research, create and implement all necessary and foundational Human Resource policies, procedures, documents, databases, tracking tools and more
- Work with Office Manager to set relevant budgets, and operate within those budgets
- Represent the company financially, by signing checks and authorizations
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies
- In-depth and proven leadership and growth capabilities
- Experience in a high-growth or start-up environment preferred
- Excellent at coordinating, implementing, and following through on plans
- Ability to build and maintain powerful relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Successful background office administration
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative team setting as well as be a self-starter with strong personal accountability
Green Drop Garage is committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment full of great people who share, demonstrate, and live our core values. We take pride in working for a company that lives its core values, vision, and mission/purpose and continually provides tangible value and benefit to its employees and clients. Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package including performance based bonus opportunities
- Company provided health insurance & dental plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% annual match
- Company paid ongoing training and personal development
- Vacation, sick/personal time off, and company paid holidays
- Maternity / Paternity Paid leave
- Outstanding working environment
- Family friendly atmosphere and culture
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
“I enjoy being a part of a team that positively impacts the community as well as the environment. Green Drop's vision for car care goes further than repairing vehicles. We educate and empower our community by hosting classes, and having an opportunity the teach was an amazing experience.” -Green Drop Employee
“I will soon be celebrating my 6th Anniversary at Green Drop Garage. That alone, should strongly indicate what it's like to work for this company. One doesn't tend to hang around that long if ill treated. I have found fairness and integrity with this company, from our President to fellow employees. There isn't a person working here that wouldn't give you the shirt off their back, if you needed it. That is a rarity in today's business environment. I look forward to my 10th.” -Green Drop Employee
“Green Drop Garage was founded on the idea of doing something different, we are the shining light in the darkness of the car care industry. As a small, tight-knit team hellbent on doing right by our customers, our community, and one another, our mission, vision, and values act as our driving force when considering every decision we make. Working for Green Drop Garage is an opportunity to refine your existing skills and grow within your profession. “ -Green Drop Employee
Our Hiring Process
We have a more thorough hiring process than most small businesses. This is because we believe that the cost of a mis-hire is enormous on both an individual and a company. Our process consists of several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our process. We want you to find the ideal position for your skill set and strengths.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our challenging and rigorous hiring process, and feel you can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application process by going to our online application. Phone calls and emails are not accepted.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please go to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/29138?s=cl