Isaacson, Miller (IM), a national retained executive search firm specializing in leadership recruitment in the civic sector, seeks to hire a Research Specialist to contribute to the growth of the firm and the conduct of its work. IM offers exciting opportunities for a talented individual who is dedicated to the success of mission-driven organizations, drawn to the intellectual demands and professional pace of executive recruiting, and wishes to have an impact on the caliber and diversity of leadership in organizations that advance the common good.
Since IM’s founding in 1982, IM has been committed to strengthening and diversifying the leadership of mission-driven organizations. A belief in the power of exceptional leadership and an unwavering commitment to service excellence, integrity, and impact animate the firm. IM enjoys a nearly 83% returning-client rate and completes more than 300 search assignments each year across the entire civic sector. IM has practices in higher education, healthcare and academic medicine, science and technology, PreK-12 education and education improvement, conservation, environment and natural resources, associations, foundations, arts and cultural organizations, human and social service agencies, and advocacy organizations.
IM’s more than 200 staff members share a fundamental commitment to its clients’ missions, motivating them to continue to achieve outstanding results. IM’s work is guided by the following ideals and principles that drive business forward and to which the company is held accountable:
· Diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Craft excellence.
· Intellectual curiosity.
· Generous collegiality.
· Support of growth opportunities.
· Social impact.
These core values anchor IM today and the firm’s aspirations for the future. They guide firm strategy, client service, teammate recruitment, day-to-day interactions, and the firm’s and its peoples’ drive for continuous improvement.
For additional information about the firm, please visit www.imsearch.com
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE RESEARCH SPECIALIST
The Research Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Search Services. Upon joining the firm, the Research Specialist will focus on learning research protocols, as well as firm and research team processes, resources, and products. Subsequently, the Research Specialist will be expected to perform the following tasks:
Support multiple search teams and searches simultaneously at various stages of the search, with research projects that include but are not limited to:
· Public profile research: Research and organize research on candidates; done before later stage candidate presentations and interviews with the client, using news databases, Google, and other resources as applicable
· Networking and candidate research: Build lists of names or organizations and research similar past searches and candidate pools to support associates during networking, using online databases and IM’s internal records and database
· Institutional research: Provide background on the institution or field; generally done before the first meeting with the potential client
The Research Specialist will also be a collaborative team member and engaged learner, participating in the following:
· Work across the firm to collect and organize research to ensure centralized accessibility of all updated research materials for both current and future searches.
· Participate in research team meetings and projects, coordinate workload with other Research Specialists.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE | QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
IM seeks Research Specialist candidates who are drawn to our firm’s belief in the power of exceptional leadership and an unwavering commitment to service excellence. An investment in the success and integrity of the firm is essential, as is a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Cultural competence to work effectively across multiple lines of difference is important. While no one candidate will possess all of them, the successful candidate will bring many of the following experiences, skills, and attributes.
· Background: Bachelor’s degree with two to three years of translatable, professional experience; executive search, non-profit or higher education experience is a plus.
· Project management: Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks for multiple search professionals simultaneously and independently, delivering high quality work within established timelines.
· Communication: Ability to listen well, and to write and speak clearly and concisely. Respond promptly and proactively update search teams on project progress. Motivated to understand the context and goals for research assignments; engages internal partners in ongoing dialogue about research projects, including deadlines and project status.
· Independent and team-based approach: Enjoy heads-down, independent work, in addition to collaborative engagement with both the search team and fellow researchers.
· Collaboration: Active inclination to seek knowledge from and share expertise with colleagues. Willingness to receive and act upon constructive feedback.
· Technical ability: Familiarity with search engines, web browsers, databases, and common office software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Word and Excel).
· Attention to detail: Ability to closely follow research protocols and best practices and refer to training materials as needed. Commitment to integrity and consistency of all research products. Proficient in accurate data entry.
· Flexibility: Ability to recognize and accommodate internal customers’ varied approaches to and expectations of research. Ability to tailor communications to each recipient.
· Self-motivation: Self-directed and able to work independently. Ability to recognize and articulate problems and propose creative solutions. Ability to identify and articulate professional development goals.
· Intellectual Curiosity: Inquisitive and driven to understand the context and implications of the work. Willingness to discover, explore, master, and, when appropriate, teach new tools, sources, and techniques.
· Mission: A clear commitment to Isaacson, Miller’s mission.
APPLICATION, COMPENSATION, AND BENEFITS
Please visit www.imsearch.com/IMcareers to learn more about the opportunities offered at IM, and to submit application materials in confidence. Applications should include a resume as well as a cover letter explaining your interest in Isaacson, Miller and the Research Specialist role.
As an employee-owned firm, IM offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a non-contributory health and dental offering as well as participation in a profit-sharing pension plan and an employee stock ownership plan.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are embedded in Isaacson, Miller’s mission, founding impulse, core values, and practice. From the start, IM has worked hard to recruit outstanding leaders across lines of difference and has been gratified to serve clients who share IM’s core values. IM has successes to celebrate and looks forward to continued growth and learning. Through the firm’s commitment to be a diverse and welcoming community of colleagues where everyone can thrive, all become stronger and empowered to provide the very best service to IM’s clients and contribute to a vital and powerful civic sector.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IM is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create a safe work environment for its employees free of discrimination and harassment. IM hires the most qualified individuals for each position, and does so without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all areas of employment for all employees.
Isaacson, Miller (IM), a national retained executive search firm specializing in leadership recruitment in the civic sector, seeks to hire a Research Specialist to contribute to the growth of the firm and the conduct of its…