466 Geary Street
Are you a detailed-oriented data professional? Do you have strategic analytical experience? Are you interested in working for a social service nonprofit?
We are currently in search of a Database Manager for a Social Service Nonprofit. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Database Manager
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, you will be a key member in bridging development and finance. Overseeing a high level of gift processing, you also serve as a mentor to ensure every donation, large or small, is acknowledged and play a role in analytics and strategic decisions. This is an ideal role for an effective manager and communicator who understands financial reporting and has a strong understanding of database maintenance. You will work closely with all leaders of the organization and have an invaluable customer-service mindset to contribute to the growth of the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Bachelor’s Degree required; 5+ years of management and database experience
· Possess a high-level of statistical analysis and strong working relationship
· Ability to teach and adapt to different types of public
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills; advanced written and oral communication
· Strong understanding of Click & Pledge, as well as Salesforce; robust database mentality with fluency in KPIs and SQL
· Detail-oriented, organized, and team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
· Passionate about serving marginalized populations and maintain high level of confidentiality
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Create and enforce policies for effective data management and bring innovative ideas to improve day-to-day financial and fund development support
· Supervise a team of two; provide suggestions on performance and utilize critical thinking skills to ensure projects are completed on time
· Think quickly and efficiently to troubleshoot Salesforce issues; provide technical support as needed
· Keeps data/development teams informed by preparing and pulling reports on system performance and problems
· Manage operational issues and answer promptly to immediate needs; advise on systems and operations improvement
· Pull comprehensive donor reports from a database of over 10,000 donations; track expenses as requested
· Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
· Accomplish platform upgrades and improvements by supervising system programming
· Training colleagues in how to input and extract data; assist on fundraising events as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Database Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
**Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required