Senior Associate, Support & Operations
- Job posted by Achievement Network (ANet)
Details: Yearly Salary
Senior Associate, Support & Operations
Location: Boston, MA
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Achievement Network (ANet) is a nonprofit dedicated to educational equity. We help schools boost student learning with great teaching that's grounded in standards, informed by data, and built on the successful practices of educators around the country.
Founded in 2005, ANet now serves over 700 schools educating over 230,000 students in California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Tennessee. Our support has consistently helped our partner schools—both district and charter—achieve breakthrough results for their students. ANet has received multiple awards and recognitions, including a prestigious Investing In Innovation (i3) grant from the federal government in 2010, New Schools Venture Fund's “Organization of the Year” in 2011, and The NonProfit Time's “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in 2015 and 2016.
ANet is a dynamic, values driven, team-oriented organization that is committed to the growth and development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools drive excellent teaching and learning by investing in each other and learning together.
We are seeking a Senior Associate to join the Support & Operations Team, part of ANet's Program Operations Team. The Support & Operations Team sets up and supports internal staff, schools, and districts so that they are able to fully leverage ANet's products and services and have access to the high quality materials and resources they need to improve instructional practice. The Senior Associate, Support & Operations will provide schools, systems, and Networks with the support, resources, and training that result in a successful administration of assessments, use our products, and position schools to drive outcomes for students. This position will be on the Support & Operations Team and will report to the Director, Support & Operations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Ensure our partners have a strong back-to-school and in year experience through training and resources
- Be an expert in our online platforms and educate partners on the use of our products
- Partner with Business Development and Networks managing the collection of required school information to ensure a smooth experience from cultivation through implementation
- Create and execute in-person trainings on assessment administration logistics and product knowledge
- Create exemplary resources that help Network teams, internal teams, and schools leverage the power of our best in class instructional resources
- Collaborate across national and Network teams to ensure comprehensive and coherent setup and support for partners
- Proactively identify and elevate best practices and resources with schools and Network teams
Deeply understand partner experience and collaborate within and across teams to take targeted action
- Conduct regular reviews of a variety of data sources tied to partner experience
- Analyze usage trends to uncover pain points and ways to improve use of our products
- Monitor and maintain high levels of partner satisfaction, while managing partner expectations
- Proactively identify and share opportunities and strategies for differentiated interventions to ensure partner engagement with Network teams
Maintain productive and effective communication with partners
- Deeply understand your partners needs, support with real time troubleshoot, and provide proactive recommendations for anticipated challenges
- Gain an understanding of partners' needs and feedback, and elevate the voice of our partners through formal and informal communication channels
- Create structures for follow-up that allows you to provide timely updates on the status of active issues or feedback
- Perform partner health checks and proactively alert customers of any impending issues
Create a smooth administration experience for up to 300 schools
- Manage all tasks for districts and schools associated with the administration of our assessments
- Evaluate and make recommendations for process improvements and best practices for administration
- Collaborate with managers across Program Operations to develop and oversee quality of our teams' work
- Provide informal management and mentorship to Program Operations Associates and Assistants in executing on the tasks associated with assessment administration
- With support from the Managers of Support & Operations, develop plans to operationalize special projects, effectively delegating projects and tasks as needed
- Work with Network teams and Analysis and Reporting team to establish timelines for strategic data projects to schools and districts
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels; you believe in the power of formative assessment, coaching, and professional development as critical levers in school improvement
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily; you are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet's Advance Equity and People Matter values
- You have a proven track record of success in managing projects to meet internal and external deadlines through creating strong personal organization systems and project plan
- You sweat the small stuff and bring exceptional attention to detail to everything you do
- You are highly flexible and are energized by working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and highly collaborative environment
- You are eager to contribute to a growing organization and proactively seek out opportunities for your own professional growth
- You have proven to be an effective communicator in a variety of contexts and with various audiences, including internal teams and external partners
- You get excited about supporting others to do their best work and consistently go above and beyond in meeting the needs of your team and external partners
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- You bring prior experience working in an education setting, working closely with schools, and/or in a program operations role for a nonprofit
- You have familiarity with leveraging project management resources and tools (ex: Wrike) and customer support platforms(ex: Freshdesk)
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Minimum Education Required