Codman Academy Vaccination Policy: Codman Academy Charter Public School (CACPS) will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, or have an approved religious or medical exemption by July 1, 2022. Employees shall submit documentation to CACPS confirming the date(s) of their COVID-19 vaccination. All documentation concerning an employee’s vaccination status shall be kept confidential and
Description: The Reading Specialist serves as an instructional leader for literacy development, working and communicating on an ongoing basis with the Principal, Instructional Leadership Team, faculty and staff, students, parents and community partners.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Implement school-wide procedures to maintain a school culture of high academic and behavioral expectations
- Develop IEP goals for mandated students
- Track IEP goal progress
- In conjunction with classroom teachers, develop accommodations for reading curriculum and deliver rigorous, standards-based lessons and assessments
- Serve as direct service provider for apx 12-15 students
- Collect and use data to inform reading instruction of students
- Collaborate with grade level colleagues and other specialists to ensure that every student shows student achievement gains
- Cultivate positive relationships with colleagues, students, parents and families
- Use of direct, multisensory program such as Orton Gillingham and/or Wilson Reading
Community Engagement and Stewardship
- We are crew, not passengers, and we uphold that ideal as we support each other in reaching our shared goals.
- Every adult in our community is a teacher and a role model, and we model and implement Expeditionary Learning design principles and core practices to the best of our ability in our roles.
- Advance the educational mission of the school by participating in duties and responsibilities consistent with building, upholding and promoting a strong Codman community.
- We actively value and solicit feedback in order to improve performance.
We are looking for a dynamic leader with…
- a strong track record of success in literacy development
- impressive academic results with a similar population of urban students
- exceptional communication and motivational skills, including writing and speaking to diverse constituents
- A passion for Codman’s mission and EL Education philosophy, which deepens intellectual growth through experience, reflection and social action
- a proven ability to build community, inspire and lead teams, whether adults or students, to achieve ambitious learning and teaching goals
- successful experience coaching teachers, documenting curricula and supporting strong instructional practice
- facility utilizing data to drive improvement
- an understanding of child and adolescent development and demonstrated commitment to implementing best practices in K1-8
- established habits of creative collaboration
- an abiding sense of urgency
- licensure qualifications
- a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- at least 5 years of relevant experience
Codman Academy does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, disability, sex/gender, gender identity, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, retaliation, sexual orientation, genetics or military status and does not tolerate any form of discrimination, intimidation, threat, coercion, and/or harassment that insults the dignity of others by interfering with their freedom to learn and work.