Harvard UniversityAssociate Director, Program Development
Harvard Kennedy School
Harvard Kennedy School (HKS) is the premier resource for Executive Education for public leaders around the world.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, this important role will contribute to the development of new policy-oriented programs that reflect the School's mission of training public leaders and maximize the reach and impact of HKS. The successful candidate will be a member of a team that collaborates with faculty in program design, engages institutions around the world interested in public policy training, and expands interest in our programs. Responsibilities include developing institutional partnerships, and launching three to five contract and one or more new open enrollment programs annually. This role also works with the Program Management team to achieve a smooth transition of programs from the development to the delivery stage
As a member of the Program Development team, work with faculty and other colleagues to develop outstanding Executive Education programs that meet public sector demand and leverage faculty strengths to meet the mission and priorities of Harvard Kennedy School.Job Code
358057 Admin Pro/Indiv ContribJob-Specific ResponsibilitiesContract and Open Enrollment Program Development
New Market Development
- Lead the development of three to five new contract and one or more new open enrollment programs per year to meet Executive Education growth goals.
- Create and leverage collaborative relationships with HKS faculty, HKS Research Centers and Programs toward the development of new Executive Education courses.
- Lead program development activities with domestic and international clients. Includes qualifying leads, developing proposals/budgets, assisting faculty with program design, conducting negotiations and concluding contracts.
- For open enrollment courses, this includes undertaking market research, leading a program launch team, working with marketing to design and implement a market engagement campaign, successfully establishing relations with key organizations to support the program launch, and working closely with faculty on the program content and design, among others.
- Develop familiarity with overall Executive Education programs.
- Maintain strong ties to key institutional partners and develop new institutional relationships in critical markets.
- Assess new regional market opportunities-undertake market analyses and growth forecasts for market expansion or new market development.
- Expand engagement with Executive Education and HKS alumni with a focus on new program and market development.
- Other duties as required.
Domestic and international travel required. Additional Information
We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide Visa Sponsorship.
Harvard University requires pre-employment references and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environmentJob Function
General AdministrationSub Unit
USA - MA - CambridgeDepartment
Executive EducationTime Status
00 - Non Union, Exempt or TemporarySalary Grade
Education, IdentityEEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of directly related experience.Additional (Preferred) Qualifications:
- Degree with interdisciplinary focus preferred (such as public administration, public policy, international relations, etc.).
- Proven track record of developing new programs and markets, negotiating contracts, and the ability to create and grow institutional relationships.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and research skills.
- Experience working in international business or academic setting preferred.
- Fluency in one foreign language preferred.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to exercise leadership in support of the school's mission and the department's long-term plans.
- Knowledge of Harvard University, Harvard Kennedy School, and its Executive Education programs desirable.