Associate Director of Parent Giving
Primary Purpose: The Associate Director of Parent Giving supports the Director of Parent Giving to increase Middlebury's philanthropic support through the development and oversight of a comprehensive parent fundraising program. Serves as a key point of contact for Parents Fund Committee members, and collaborates with Advancement and campus partners as appropriate for the engagement, cultivation and solicitation of parent donors.
* Collaborates with Director setting the annual fundraising goal, the recruitment and training of Parent Committee Chairs and Members.
* Oversees, assists and guide the ongoing work of the Parents Committee, who are themselves prospective donors.
* Develops and executes the calendar of annual appeals and related print/social media communications to undergraduate parent and past parents, and collaborates with Annual Giving, Communications, Gift Services and other support staff as necessary to implement a successful Parents Fund.
* Acts as a liaison between gift officers and volunteers on assigned prospective donors on cultivation, solicitation and a resource for issues parent donors may encounter.
* Maintains ongoing and historic reports as necessary for the analysis, monitoring, and recording of parent fundraising, and stays abreast of peer programs and professional practices to maintain Middleburys quality parent fundraising reputation.
* Assists the Director of Parent Giving as needed to maintain a successful fundraising program and engaged, supportive parent constituents.
* Works cooperatively with Leadership Gifts, Principal Gifts, Alumni and Parent Programs, Admissions, Communications, Donor Relations, Gifts Administration and other departments on campus and accepts direction from supervisors.
* Oversees fundraising for the Parents Fund, and is responsible for reaching the Colleges fiscal year dollar goal.
* Coordinates a parent engagement plan including appeals, newsletters, social media, and web presence and other parent communications.
* Assists gift officers or personally soiicts annual gifts of at least the minimum 1800 Society level from each committee member.
* Manages and solicits a pool of leadership prospective donors.
* Coordinates outreach to incoming families to ensure timely communication and provide opportunities for engagement.
* Assists in organizing parent events, on and off campus.
* Assumes leadership role in Directors absence.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Evening and weekend work required.
Bachelors degree required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Effective interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with prospects, donors, volunteers, faculty, staff, and administrators.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Knowledge of computer systems, including relational database and Microsoft Office.
* Experience in annual fundraising within an educational institution, preferably with understanding of private education.
5 or more years of experience required
Ability to travel independently and efficiently.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/27027
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.