Program Manager - Part-Time (50% FTE)
- Job posted by California Institute of Integral Studies
Details: Yearly Salary
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of over 1,400 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
Reporting to the Dean of SPPH (and working with program chairs, core and adjunct faculty, staff and other departments) the Program Manager is the administrative support hub of the largest school at CIIS, helping to execute the vision of the programs within SPPH, the Field Placement department, and the training clinics. The current priorities of the school are to develop new programs, strengthen existing ones, support students and faculty, develop administrative efficiencies, increase collaboration, and enhance clinical excellence, employing both strategic and tactical activities. Please see schedule notes under "Working Conditions" below for this Part-Time (50% FTE), Non-Exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the Dean's calendar, receives visitors, prepares materials and set up for on-line and in-person meetings and events, attends meetings and takes minutes
- Handles filing and storage of hard copy and online documents and records
- Oversees student workers and volunteers
- Maintains shared documents and templates including handbooks, and syllabi for use within SPPH
- Updates marketing, social media and strategic communications as requested and in collaboration with the Marketing Communications team
- Assists with administrative portion of recruiting, interviewing hiring and onboarding some core and adjunct faculty
- Helps with budgeting, check requests, W-9s and other related documents
- Creates and maintains systems to improve administrative efficiency and effectiveness
- Works with Offices of Development, Institutional Effectiveness, Public Programs, Diversity and Inclusion, Student Services and others to help integrate these activities into the school vision
- Organizes employee review schedule of all SPPH administrative personnel
- Thinks outside the box and beyond the job description to assist the Dean, including managing the administrative needs of the department in the Dean's absence
Curriculum and Assessment Program Administration
- Assists with ensuring program materials and syllabi and are up-to-date with BBS requirements as directed; tracks program review materials and other curriculum development and assessment milestones
- Coordinates faculty feedback, development, and review of syllabi
- Coordinates between Online Learning and faculty
- Helps to translate CEU, certificate and post-graduate training strategy into action as directed
- Schedules all MCP courses, negotiates space needs, schedules rooms and manages to fulfill all AV requirements for MCP courses
- Acts as the point person for MCP shared course queries
- Coordinates schedule for peer review (appreciative coaching process)
- Assists with WASC accreditation reviews and other assessments and accreditation processes as needed
- Bachelor's degree from a four- year college; Master's degree preferred
- Experience working in a public or private college or university or related experience
- Familiarity with MFT/LPCC licensure, BBS requirements and board of psychology licensing as well as the practicum and internship processes for each, ideally
- Minimum of 3 years of increasingly responsible and varied administrative, supervisory and/or management experience
- Ability to interact with senior administration, various departments, faculty, students, staff and public with diplomacy, discernment and professionalism
- Demonstrated proficiency with database management such as Jenzabar or other ERPs, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, CANVAS, Slack, camptasia and social media
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed
- Excellent writing, communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Understands and appreciates the CIIS mission and clinical approaches we offer
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions - This is an on-site position, with duties primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, and Wednesday and Thursday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. Periodic written requests for adjustments to the schedule may be approved, based on department priorities.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Minimum Education Required