- Job posted by Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Details: Yearly Salary
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job ID 2018-11321
Campus Einstein/Resnick - Bronx
Posting Date 2018-08-03
Employee Classification Exempt
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Tobacco use is the leading preventable cause of disease and death in the US. Over 80% of patients in substance abuse treatment, including methadone maintenance, smoke cigarettes, compared to 14% of NYC adults. Despite these high smoking rates, we know little about how to best treat tobacco use among methadone treatment patients. For this five year, NIH-funded project, we are conducting a randomized controlled clinical trial of two smoking cessation interventions: long-term medication treatment, and directly observed therapy. Research visits will include computerized research interviews, blood and urine collection, and adherence counts. The project will occur in three clinical sites in the Bronx and will follow 450 participants over a 12-month period. The Study Coordinator may also be involved in additional pilot projects.
- Coordinate all aspects of the research project with investigators, data managers, and clinical staff
- Work with Project Director (PD) and Principal Investigator (PI) to update study protocols, protocol amendments, research study measures, and study databases as needed
- Create regular reports for the IRB, sponsors, and the safety monitoring board
- Manage Institutional Review Board-related activities
- Coordinate meetings with study partners, and represent the study at site meetings
- Oversee participant recruitment
- Oversee adherence to research protocols.
- Oversee medical chart reviews
- Oversee extensive research assessments (administering computer and in-person research assessments; collecting breath carbon monoxide, saliva samples and urine drug tests; assessing medication adherence by pill count)
- Coordinate participant tracking, retention and follow up Coordinate intervention components (e.g., work with central pharmacy on delivery of medication to clinics, work with nurses to implement directly observed therapy)
- Conduct data entry into electronic databases
- Managing and analyzing data; perform regular audits to ensure that collected data are complete and accurate, and that research protocols are being followed
- Assist with preparation of grant proposals
- Travel to multiple clinical and research sites in the Bronx to conduct and oversee study-related activities.
- Other related duties as per Principal Investigator's request
Experience and Educational Background:
- Bachelor's in Public Health or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- At least two years' experience collecting data for research (e.g., recruiting participants, conducting interviews, collecting biologic specimens). Experience working with similar populations preferred.
Skills and Competency
- As part of a team, must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and adhere to study protocol.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, ACCESS, Excel, and SAS or STATA.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented.
Scope of Responsibility
- Coordinate study-related activities between investigators, data managers, consultants, and multiple research sites
- Able to work on multiple projects
- Interface with Einstein IRB and administrative staff and Einstein research/clinical sites
- Interface with administrative staff to manage financial transactions
- Reports to the Project Director and Principal Investigator
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please Submit Resume