THEATER OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
- Job posted by David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center
The David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center opened in April 1964 as the New York State Theater and was renamed the David H. Koch Theater in 2008. The theater was designed by the renowned architect Philip Johnson, built with funds from the State of New York, and given to the City of New York as a home for performing arts organizations. Today, the theater is home to the New York City Ballet as well as a growing number of national and international touring performing arts groups.
The Theater Operations Associate is responsible for the oversight of administrative activities within the Theater Operations Department. The position reports to the Event Operations Manager.
- Administrative/Office Management Responsibilities:
- Manage administrative activities and ensure smooth operation of the Theater Operations office.
- Prepare and distribute regular activities calendar for Ballet and Licensee events; work with Managing Director/Director of Operations/Event Operations Manager to ensure calendar coordination.
- Manage and maintain theater event booking calendar.
- Manage and maintain office supplies for multiple theater departments.
- Maintain operations of office equipment including printers/copiers/scanners.
- Manage the delivery of Licensee invoicing, settlement and correspondence documents according to established timelines.
- Manage the delivery of inter-company invoicing documents.
- Generate weekly payroll worksheets for review and approval prior to submission to Finance.
- Organize paychecks for pickup/distribution to various Theater Operations departments.
- Be available to prepare/collect new employee payroll paperwork (i.e. front of house, stagehands, teamster, wardrobe, etc.)
- Organize Theater Operations work files.
- Organize and maintain public incident report files and distribute as necessary.
- Process theater related workers compensation claims, including maintaining records of theater related workplace injuries, and coordinate the workers’ compensation cycle as necessary.
- Manage theater key inventory.
- Field and forward incoming calls, and in-person requests for services
- Other duties as assigned
- Event Management Responsibilities:
- Provide event management support as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- A task oriented self-starter with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Able to take direction and be receptive to feedback.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail and process.
- Superior verbal and written skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people both inside and outside of the organization.
- Experience and/or interest in event management.
- Experience working with payroll reconciliation and spreadsheet analysis desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with EventBooking calendar management software or other similar software desired.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in an administrative support capacity preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights, weekends and/or holidays as events calendar dictates.
- Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong customer service orientation/etiquette and ability to work well with diverse clientele.
POSITION CONTROLS & WORKWEEK
This is a salaried, exempt, managerial position. Work hours vary according to the event schedule and may include weekends, holidays and other scheduled work periods as necessary.
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
with “Theater Operations Associate” in the subject line.
No Calls Please.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required