- Job posted by Peterson Center on Healthcare
The Peterson Center on Healthcare is a non-profit organization dedicated to making higher quality, more affordable healthcare a reality for all Americans. The organization works to transform U.S. healthcare into a high-performance system by finding innovative solutions that improve quality and lower costs and accelerating their adoption on a national scale. Established by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the organization collaborates with stakeholders across the healthcare system and engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research
The Project Manager will support the Center's programs to facilitate adoption of healthcare delivery models by healthcare providers. The Project Manager will work closely with primary care practices engaging in systems re-design and process re-engineering. He or she will support the implementation of work plans developed by project sites and track progress made against those plans.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee tasks, timelines and resources necessary for adoption of new care delivery processes
- Track progress on project implementation and deliverables
- Review assessment, planning and reporting documentation
- Report to the Center's teams regarding the implementation of new care delivery processes
- Coordinate activities between members of the care teams and the project support team
- Route queries to appropriate members of the Center's support team and external project advisors
- Assess potential risks, develop plans to mitigate those risks and detect future risks
- Plan and facilitate meetings with staff, care teams and system leadership
- Provide instruction on leadership, quality improvement strategies and tactics to care teams to help them adopt new models of care.
Skills and Attributes:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize across multiple work streams
- A proven track record of managing complex projects
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience with healthcare, preferably experience in a primary care setting
- Ability to work effectively across teams with varying degrees of experience, education and working style
- Outstanding detail orientation
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of risk management principles and sound judgement to identify and mitigate risks as or before they arise
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience applying healthcare improvement science or quality improvement methods
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Experience with project management and communication software
- 7-10 years of experience in project management
- Availability to travel up to 40%
- Quality improvement training a plus
- Project management certification
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters in a healthcare related field preferred
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed to Julia Murphy at the following link: Project Manager. http://commongoodcareers.force.com/careers/ts2__Register?jobId=a0K1L00000otMov&tSource=
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
This search is being managed by Commongood Careers in partnership with Koya Leadership Partners.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership is a national retained executive search and human capital-consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.
Minimum Education Required