Details: DOE + Benefits
Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct a search for our client’s incoming Director of Development. This full time, onsite position is for immediate hire and is based in the organization’s headquarter offices in Santa Cruz, California.
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Executive Director, as the Director of Development, you’ll create and execute development strategies on behalf of our client. You’ll help to shape and oversee the Development team. Duties are primarily focused on strategically driving individual and corporate donations, grant, overseeing gift tracking, reporting, research and acknowledgement; analysis and outcome reporting; support for development related events, volunteer oversight, and the coordination of in- kind donations.
- Set and meet the annual budget goals for individual, corporate and foundation revenue.
- Research & prospect for individual, corporate and foundation donors.
- Drive annual donor events including budgeting, engagement strategy, committee relations, volunteer recruitment, and logistics coordination.
- Champion organize monthly drives and/or events to produce new funding channels.
- Develop and implement strategic communication plan.
- Oversee media campaigns, develop policy messages, manage website content, social media engagement, and creation/distribution of development related promotional videos.
- Provide educational outreach and PR to familiarize community with organizational mission; provide outreach, identify opportunities and coordinate speaking engagements for senior leadership team members.
- Serve as organizational ambassador; create positive relationships and strategic alliances with key stakeholders; including elected officials, donors, university representatives, etc.
- Interact with high net-worth donor prospects, represent the organization exceptionally at all times!
- Proactively identify opportunities to educate and interact with the community; proactively benefitting and furthering the mission of our client whenever possible.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible development or fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, required.
- Exceptional leadership abilities; natural strength in development, decision making and implementing change management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Social orientation and communication skills; embraces working with others, builds trust, communicates clearly, demonstrate consistency between words and actions.
- Ability to navigate Adobe Creative, Microsoft Office, CRM databases. (DonorPerfect or Constant Contact preferred), website development and maintenance.
- Digital/social media experience for effective communication (including SEO)
- Capacity for creative design and implementation of branding strategies.
- Experience coaching and supporting staff, Board members and volunteers.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize among competing goals and initiate process improvements.
- In depth experience in building partnerships with funding agencies and external organizations to cultivate relations and create opportunities for advocacy.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a very competitive starting base salary of $85,000 to $100,000 (dependent on experience), this role also includes health benefits, a generous vacation program, retirement benefits, and a mission-driven job with an incredibly impactful organization you’ll love!
For immediate consideration please email your resume and a cover letter describing your professional background, qualifications and affirmation of the salary requirements above to the attention of Elissa Dumiak, Executive Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
About Our Firm:
Scion Executive Search, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc., is a retained executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit leadership to nonprofit organizations and foundations across the country. Cultivated in the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for leading organizations around the world. Our executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your organization’s mission. Scion Executive Search has led thousands of successful executive searches. Information about our firm and successes can be found online at www.scionstaffing.com.
Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
Comprehensive Benefit Package
Minimum Education Required