- Job posted by Graduate School USA
District of Columbia
Graduate School USA is an active learning community with a rich history that spans more than nine decades. Our range of programs and services includes continuing education, academic programs, career development, and certificate programs—all designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
Graduate School USA’s (GSUSA) Training and Program Management team is seeking a Program Assistant who possesses strong customer service and communication skills, is able to work independently and effectively multitask, and maintains a positive can-do attitude. The Program Assistant will provide administrative and program support to administer the delivery and execution of assigned program areas, courses, and/or set of courses and materials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide administrative support and customer service; direct or assist with incoming and outgoing calls; greet visitors; receive/send mail and parcel shipments (USPS, FedEx; local and international); and maintain inventory of office and course supplies.
• Gauss Workflow: Retrieve, review, post, and respond to required actions. Problem-solve and resolve vendor inquiries regarding delinquencies.
• Support program managers with coordinating contracted program and course materials from the initiation phase to the final delivery phase. This support typically includes seeing to participant logistics, duplicating course materials, creating instructor and participant packets, and scheduling and confirming material delivery and/or shipments.
• Duties for Course and Program Preparation
o Create and update records for courses, programs, students, and participants.
o Process registrations; notify participants/students of logistical and/or scheduling information and updates; process transfers or cancellation refunds.
o Coordinate and ensure proper classroom setup for on-site and nearby off-site locations.
o Appropriate supplies and materials.
o Arranging setup of AV equipment.
o Manage and order office/classroom supplies (e.g., flipcharts, evaluations, markers, cameras, videos, thumb drives, etc.).
o Assist with managing logistics for non-local courses and programs (i.e., acquire meeting spaces, hotel accommodations, teaching/presentation materials, equipment and supplies, etc.).
• Duties for Course and Program Completion
o Collect registration forms and attendance rosters from instructors.
o Forward registration forms and attendance rosters to the Registrar’s Office.
o Issue certificates of completion to participants and students.
o Collect and process feedback forms regarding the courses and programs.
• Provide support to Program Managers with the students, participants, and instructors throughout the duration of the courses and programs. Assist in resolving any problems and/or issues that may arise.
• Enter and maintain data entry items in the learning management system.
• Provide front desk coverage and administrative/data entry support.
• Job may require regular non-local travel.
• Work requires routine activities within a prescribed set of policies and procedures; escalate unusual or non-routine issues to supervisors and/or managers.
• High school diploma is required. Associate degree or higher preferred. The equivalent of education and experience is also preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience is an office setting or customer service environment. Experience in a college, university, or other educational/training organization is preferred.
• Must have strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Exposure to a learning management system (LMS) is preferred.
• Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to professionally communicate with people of all levels.
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to problem-solve with positive results is required.
• Must have good organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
• Must be able to lift minimum of 25 pounds.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter (please include cover letter in Resume Text section of the online application) for consideration by clicking on the following link to apply online:
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required