Deputy Director for the Great Britain China Centre (GBCC)
- Job posted by The Great Britain China Centre (GBCC)
Details: Between £45,000 – £55,000 GBP to be defined based on experience.
Position title: Deputy Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Currently two project managers
Location: London, UK frequent travel to China
Salary: Between £45,000 – £55,000 GBP to be defined based on experience.
The Great Britain China Centre (GBCC) is an executive non-departmental public body with a mission to promote understanding between the UK and China. GBCC works closely with partners in the UK and China, and across Europe, to implement political and judicial dialogues and legal reform projects. It has 10 staff and is based in Belgrave Square, London.
The Deputy Director, reporting directly to the Executive Director, is based in London with frequent travel to China. The role is responsible for leading and diversifying the organisation’s fundraising and business development strategy, targeting both commercial sponsors and non-commercial donors, and managing the delivery of GBCC’s flagship political and judicial dialogues, in close cooperation with Chinese partners and the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The Deputy Director will also deputise for the Executive Director, including managing the Board and its sub-committees.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in
- building and diversifying funding streams from both existing and new channels, including commercial, charitable, multilateral and government sources;
- working with colleagues from across their organization, to identify, design and submit successful fundraising strategies;
- overseeing the development of fundraising and profile-building materials and strategies;
- operating at senior levels in China and the UK with multiple commercial, governmental and political partners;
- developing working relationships with Chinese partner institutions;
- managing organizational governance and operational issues.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- A university degree in a field relevant to GBCC’s work
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in business development, fundraising, non-profit management or other relevant work areas
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel to China regularly to represent the GBCC
- Project management and budget management experience
- Fluency in English
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to operate effectively in Mandarin
- Having managed bilateral or multilateral relationships with China or similar contexts
- Cross-cultural team working skills
- Personnel management experience
26 days annual leave in addition to public holidays
Contributory company pension scheme
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to operate effectively in Mandarin
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send BY EMAIL ONLY a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) by email only to: Karem Armstrong at email@example.com
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “GBCC Deputy Director” in the email subject line.
The deadline for applications is Sunday September 23rd, 2018
GBCC is an equal opportunities employer. Preference will be given to applicants who already have the right to work in the UK.