466 Geary Street
Do you perform a variety of writing and editorial duties? Do you have experience publishing and project management?
We are currently in search of a Publications Coordinator for a Science Organization. The position is based in Palo Alto, CA. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Science Organization
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
POSITION TITLE: Publications Coordinator
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Publications Coordinator, you will be responsible in overseeing the production of the quarterly scholarly magazine, as well as various types of print and online materials. Reporting to the Publications Manager, this position is ideal for a quick-minded project management professional with an eye for design and attention to detail, as well as an aspiring job seeker who is looking to pursue a future in the nonprofit publishing sector.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 3-5 years of publishing, proofreading/ copy editing, and/or project management experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree, preferred
· Experience in scientific publishing and/or library science strongly preferred
· Comfortable working cross collaboratively among small teams
· Advanced computer skills, including Adobe Creative Suite, UNIX, and/or Desktop Publishing applications
· Familiarity with HMTL, XML, and CSS, a plus
· An interest in Graphic Design desired
· Superior writing, proofreading, and customer services skills
· Strong multi-tasker and passionate about scientific research
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Oversee entirety of publishing process for quarterly research magazine, as well as all print and digital publications from the organization
· Writes, drafts, edits, and submits drafts for final approval such as articles, newsletter, handbooks, marketing materials, etc.
· Project manage various deliverables into finalized content pieces
· Provides text and technical services to staff, as well as internal and external stakeholders
· Offer recommendations around page layouts and work with printing press to ensure precise copy and formatting
· Serve as a liaison and point of contact to all contributors and members
· Collaborate with all staff members, including Publications Manager and Executive Director, on project budgets and timelines
· Assist Conference Manager with providing appropriate documents for annual conference, as well as small events
· Coordinate changes between contributors and the printing press as needed; ensure the quality of each publications
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Publications Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required