Assistant Safety Monitor Supervisor
- Job posted by HELP USA
About HELP USA
HELP USA is one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, veterans, and survivors of domestic violence. With an annual operating budget in excess of $100 million, HELP USA currently serves 25,000 people per year in 52 programs and residences across five states and is continuing to grow. HELP provides 3,500 units of permanent and transitional housing as part of its 30-year commitment to families and individuals in need of safe, stable homes.
HELP USA is seeking an Assistant Safety Monitor Supervisor to oversee Safety Monitors on a shift at their assigned facility. A member of the Safety Monitor team is usually the first contact with our residents when they enter one of our facilities. In addition to ensuring residents' safety, our Safety Monitors help our residents feel welcome and set the tone for their stay. It is critical that our Safety Monitors are alert, vigilant, and courteous to our residents. Responsibilities include patrolling facility grounds, ensuring residents and guests are properly signed in, escorting visitors to proper destinations, conducting unit inspections, maintaining accurate documentation and preparing incident reports when necessary.
Supervisory responsibilities will include:
- Supervising Safety Monitors on duty to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Assisting in development of training sessions for Safety Monitor Staff
- Ensuring minimum daily staff coverage.
- Documenting individual staff problem as necessary.
- Preparing and submitting on time all necessary administrative reports including Incident Reports, Electronic Patrol Reports, etc.
- New York State Security Guard License required.
- FDNY F-02 required.
- Must be able to acquire FDNY F-80 - Fire Coordinator/ Fire Guard certification. This certification must be obtained prior to the expiration of the 6-month probationary period.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience or capacity to work with homeless families/individuals and/or disadvantaged populations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft applications required.
- Ability to provide night and weekend coverage as needed.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Good writing skills preferred.
Please send cover letter with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.
Minimum Education Required