As the Director of Operations at Bold Charter School, you will lead operations across the organization and be guided by the belief that building a world-class school depends on delivering operational excellence. You will be part of a team that builds a sense of community, and is committed to ensuring our learning environment is immaculate, beautiful, and one that promotes high levels of learning. You will be part of a results-oriented and collaborative team of professionals who are relentless in their pursuit of educational excellence. You will receive regular coaching and feedback, and will have opportunities for professional growth within the organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing responsibilities of school growth, including, but not limited to: recruiting and enrolling students, developing and managing school-wide systems and routines, managing technology needs, recruiting and on-boarding staff, ensuring facility readiness, managing vendor and contractor relationships, and ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements;
- Building a school culture that is joyful, engaging, and rigorous, and in which students love learning by delivering operational excellence;
- Managing a team of school operations professionals in overseeing all logistics for school-wide events, family communications, technology, and inventory management;
- Advocating for all policies, procedures, and communications across the school community to drive student outcomes;
- Ensuring operational excellence and high level of detail in all areas of operations, from school aesthetics, to school health and safety protocols;
- Modeling Bold's core values and building a positive student and team culture across the school;
- Developing strong relationships with families and scholars, including regular communication that creates high levels of investment in school culture and academics;
- Collaborating with the school leadership team to ensure effective oversight of all components of the school, including scheduling, staff recruitment, data analysis, and operational excellence; and
- Demonstrating a mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring that all students excel.
Successful candidates should:
- Be passionate about learning;
- Be a person of high moral character and with well-developed emotional intelligence;
- Have school or operational leadership experience and the ability to inspire a team to achieve the highest levels of operational excellence;
- Have experience with or knowledge of school finance, budgetary planning, and data management;
- Demonstrate an ability to multitask effectively and prioritize strategically;
- Have a keen eye for detail and proven experience maintaining organizational systems and planning small and large-scale events;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to and alignment with the mission, beliefs, and values of Bold, and to going above and beyond the requirements of the job;
- Have the ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for success is shared and owned by everyone;
- Hold a commitment to solutions-based problem solving and previous experience of such; and
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of achievement and leadership.
The commitment for this position begins August 2021.
Compensation for this position is in the top 5% of comparable roles at charter schools across NYC, and includes a full benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bold Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.