- Job posted by Oregon Symphony
921 SW Washington St
The Oregon Symphony seeks applicants for Development Associate, responsible for gift processing, project managing acknowledgements, database coordination, support for development leadership and team. The position duties include:
Database Gift Processing
- Prepare gifts for processing
- Deposit checks to bank daily
- Segment and prepare daily gift batches for distribution and sign-off
- Coordinate and execute gift batch entry and posting into the database
- Prepare and deliver gift batch entry collateral for Finance
- Process and track matching gifts, stock transfer info, IRA distributions, soft credit via donor advised fund, etc,
- Data extraction and segmentation
- “Quality engineering” process to find and implement efficiencies
- Customizing and printing letters
- Distributing and project managing letter signatures
- Mailing letters in a timely and organized manner
- Pull reports and queries from the Tessitura database
- Routine and case-by-case data extraction
- Database hygiene
- Maintain records of gifts, transmittals and receipts in database and hard copy files
VP and Development Team Support
- Manage routing documents/lists to the Development team for review
- Coordination and execution of prospect research including obituary research
- VP and leadership support (creating and maintaining a call list, calendar assistance)
- Backup support for events
- Backup support for donor cultivation and stewardship
- Answering the phone at the front desk
- Other duties as assigned
The position requires occasional evening and weekend work in connection with special events.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; basic understanding of fundraising and 1-3 years of related experience preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to write clearly with proper spelling and grammar to produce gift acknowledgments. Ability to speak effectively to donors, Board members, employees, vendors and others.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and averages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to organize systems, coordinate deadlines, handle logistics, interpret instructions provided in writing, orally or in diagram form.
Computer Skills: Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to use or learn quickly the donor/ticketing database software (Tessitura). Ability to research on the internet.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional attention to detail and efficient proofing skills to note and track gifts of all types and sizes and note any errors.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with diverse personalities, including donors and potential donors, Board of Directors, volunteers, Symphony musicians, other staff, conductors, and guest performers.
- Pleasant manner and phone voice; customer- service oriented.
- Comfortable to greet all types of guests and have keen awareness to safety concerns.
- Ability to work effectively and gracefully under pressure.
Minimum Education Required