Our recruitment team is assisting a search for a temporary opening at a prominent environmental advocacy organization. We are looking for candidates that are open to temporary positions and would be able to complete the timeframe of the position.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to be involved with domestic and international programs regarding conservation, agriculture, and food policy. An interest in environmental advocacy is preferred for the opportunity, but not required.
The ideal candidate has at least a year or two of administrative experience and is eager to learn.
- Composes and sends emails on behalf of department. Arranges meetings and makes appointments for supervisor(s) and staff. Answers complex inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of departmental procedures.
- Document review and preparation - Composes complex documents for others such presentations using PowerPoint, Google Slides or Prezi, and ensures they are correct and accurate. Takes minutes at meetings. May help prepare proposals and other written materials.
- Coordinates organization of virtual and in-person meetings/conferences/ special events, including attendee coordination, space and equipment rental, AV needs, catering, and material preparation.
- Financial support - Reviews and processes payments for credit cards transactions and invoices, inputs proper coding into the financial system, prepares check and/or wire requests, handles reclasses and serves as the liaison with accounting to track payments. Monitors expense reports against budget, seeking explanations for significant variations; compiles and reviews financial reports submitted by others. Assists supervisor with budget monitoring. Prepares and tracks contracts.
- Information management - Collects information and maintains logs, records and lists on a regular or ad-hoc basis using Google Docs, Google Sheets, and other Google applications, or specialized databases. Reviews, validates and inputs data collected or provided by others. Identifies any problems with the data and coordinates with others to resolve problems as needed.
- Report preparation - Prepares reports for internal staff, as well as members, donors and others by creating tables and charts, calculating statistics, interpreting data and assisting in writing results. May assist with compiling input for proposals and preparing for presentations.
- General office duties - Makes travel arrangements; handles administrative aspect of new employee set-up; orders office supplies, coordinates production and distribution of documents, reports and other materials. Manages Practice email lists. Performs miscellaneous office tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The position will likely remain remote for the duration of the position due to COVID safety precautions.