Senior Associate, Digital Strategy (Email and CRM)
- Job posted by The Pew Charitable Trusts
District of Columbia
The Pew Charitable Trusts is driven by the power of knowledge to solve today's most challenging problems. Pew applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public and invigorate civic life.
We are an independent nonprofit organization – the sole beneficiary of seven individual trusts established between 1948 and 1979 by two sons and two daughters of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew.
Our work lays the foundation for effective policy solutions by informing and engaging citizens, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause and insisting on tangible results. Our projects encourage efficient, responsive governments – at the local, state, national and international levels – serving the public interests.
With offices in Philadelphia, Washington DC, Australia, Brussels and London, and with additional staff in other regions of the United States and around the globe, Pew provides an exciting learning environment and the opportunity to work with highly talented individuals. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork with mutual respect.
The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences and protect and advance the Pew brand. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and Trusts-operated projects. Our in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development, including digital engagement strategies; editorial support; design and creative services; media relations; and digital, video, and audio production. The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines and processes in order to manage the Pew brand, ensure production of the highest quality work and effectively steward Pew's resources.
This senior associate, digital strategy, position is located in Washington, DC; is a member of the Communications department; and reports to the manager, digital strategy. He/she is responsible for CRM (consumer/constituent relationship management) for Pew's email-newsletter program, particularly as it pertains to maintaining, cleansing, and growing healthy subscriber lists/databases.
- Responsible for active development of email marketing strategies as well as testing and optimization activities across the entire Pew communications portfolio of email newsletters.
- Develops strategies and executes tactics for growing and improving email campaigns via the Web, social media, email, and offline opportunities.
- Works across teams to develop and execute customer lifecycle programs.
- Provides recommendations on goals objectives, strategy, and email best practices.
- Monitors email sends and data transfers to ensure proper execution, including deliverability.
- Responsible for collection, synthesis, presentation, and analysis of Pew newsletter key performance indicators (KPIs), working with the Communications group's digital analytics lead.
- Maintains healthy email subscriber lists/databases, working with internal and external partners.
- Sets up, test, and deploy email campaigns.
- Collaborates with Pew colleagues to ensure integration of email-subscriber data across email and CRM (customer/constituent relationship management) platforms (such as Salesforce and ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration with other internal groups that employ email on Pew's behalf.
- Supports the development, implementation, and evaluation of test plans and applies data-driven techniques to optimize email performance including: personalization, frequency testing, message testing, offer testing, creative testing, segmentation/targeting, and delivery-timing testing.
- Supports digital communications staff as in-house expert on our email-marketing software.
- Educates colleagues on best practices for email outreach, including for subscriber-list growth and maintenance.
- Contributes to and participates in tasks and special projects as assigned by the Director, Digital.
- Keeps documentation current—campaign strategy, naming conventions, best practices, processes, and procedures.
- Acts as liaison with internal partners in support of Pew's data security management efforts.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of four years professional experience required.
- At least one year experience in customer relationship email management.
- Strong understanding of customer relationship management trends.
- Experience managing email lists and actively growing lists.
- Must have excellent oral communications, writing, editing and research skills and be able to work individually and in groups to meet goals.
- Hands-on experience with Email marketing database tools—for example: Eloqua, Convio, Responsys, or ExactTarget (Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
- Proficient with databases, data manipulation, and analysis.
- Experience with Salesforce required—particularly as pertains to data sharing between Salesforce and an email service provider such as ExactTarget.
- Knowledge of privacy, data protection, and CAN-SPAM regulations—as well as related regulations outside the U.S.
- Experience with personalization/dynamic-content tactics a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, organize time and identifies resources for projects as needed.
- Professional experience in digital communications and/or interactive project management with an agency, corporation, or nonprofit organization is preferred.
- HTML fluency.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
- Positive, solution-oriented, self-starter outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
As this is a full-time position, we offer a competitive salary and complete benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to help you maintain a good balance.
Minimal travel anticipated.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Contact Us: email@example.com