Program Assistant Global Partnerships & Outreach (Program Assistant 2), UCP 4
- Job posted by University of Connecticut
Global Affairs at the University of Connecticut seeks a Program Assistant 2 to provide support to its Global Partnerships & Outreach unit. Under the direction of the Director of Global Partnerships & Outreach, the incumbent will be required to develop and maintain international contracts, promotional materials and websites, as well as assist in planning and carrying out various informational and outreach activities. Incumbents are expected to resolve a wide variety of problems within moderate guidelines and are expected to periodically resolve new, unusual or difficult problems, which require judgment and initiative.
Who We Are. A fast-paced forward looking operation, working with partners around the globe, and facilitating connections with UConn faculty and students.
What We Are Looking For. A creative, computer savvy and detail-oriented individual with a penchant for writing who can juggle multiple priorities and manage his/her time effectively.
Who You Are. A resourceful imaginative thinker, who can write clearly and effectively, while keeping an eye on the details. You know that there is no detail too small to fact-check. You can work independently, and are adaptable to changing priorities. You can discern when processes and procedures take precedence over creativity, and recognize when complying with rules and regulations are necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with drafting partnership agreements, processing paperwork and/or records; reviewing for accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulations, policies and procedures;
- Confer with and assist supervisor in global partnership administration and recordkeeping, including but not limited to data management pertaining to global partner relationships.
- Prepare narrative and informational reports and briefings, as needed or requested; compile and organize information requiring the understanding and evaluation of data sources; may include compiling data, conducting surveys, special projects or extensive reports. Create graphical representations of data using pivot tables and charts in Excel.
- Coordinate meeting schedules, tours, and travel logistics for international visitors. As assigned, assists in planning and carrying out related support activities, such as meetings, conferences, interviews; makes all necessary arrangements, including travel and coordinating logistical details.
- Write copy for press releases, remarks, feature articles (in story-telling style), informational listings and other publicity materials; create and distribute e-newsletters, including assisting with collecting, writing, and editing of stories and content from faculty, students and staff; compose and/or edit routine correspondence and other documents for supervisor's review and/or signature.
- Design, produce and distribute brochures, posters, advertising flyers, annual reports and other informational or promotional materials.
- Regularly update UConn Global and various units' websites and event calendars; ensure effective use of social media & facilitate the development of social media strategy, updating content regularly.
- Be responsible for special projects (both short-term or on going), requiring applied knowledge and an understanding of global affairs, contracts, data management and visualization;
- Recruits, trains, organizes and supervises student workers and/or volunteers as necessary to carry out promotional/informational activities or other departmental needs.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in an academic discipline relevant to Global Affairs (e.g. international relations, political science, journalism, public relations, international law, global studies, geography, etc.).
- Three to five years related experience, which demonstrates considerable knowledge of administrative methods and subject areas.
- Demonstrated ability to independently provide significant program support.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment regarding a wide variety of administrative matters.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization and administrative skills with dedication to accuracy and detail in the creation of high quality materials.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including a mastery of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and experience working with content management systems (e.g. WordPress), publishing software (e.g. Adobe Illustrator) and photo editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, GIMP).
- Master's degree in international relations, international law, communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Professional experience related to communications, relationship management and contracts.
- Experience with writing in a story-telling style, designing graphics and/or photography.
- Experience with IBM Forms, relational databases or CRMs (e.g. SalesForce, Blackbaud).
- Genuine interest in global affairs and higher education.
- Ability to work autonomously and willingness to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Competence in relating with people of diverse ethnic backgrounds and cultures.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition reimbursement at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: http://www.hr.uconn.edu/benefits/nebe.html.
Interested candidates should submit 1) a cover letter and resume that demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications and any preferred qualifications you may have for this position; 2) a writing sample; and 3) the contact information for three professional references, including phone numbers via UConn jobs, (www.jobs.uconn.edu), Staff Positions and reference search #2019162. Screening of applicants will begin immediately.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2019162)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on November 19, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Minimum Education Required