- Job posted by Girls on the Run of the San Francisco Bay Area
Want to scale an organization that helps young girls become their best selves? Talk to us about becoming the Executive Director of Girls on the Run of San Francisco and driving growth toward the goal of 5,000 program participants per year. Impact one girl. Impact her family.
Girls on the Run inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, activity-based curriculum, which creatively integrates running.
Girls on the Run of the Bay Area (GOTR) is one of the largest chapters of a national, nonprofit, after-school program benefitting girls 8 to 13 years old. Forecasted FY 18 revenues are approximately $800,000. 95% of parents say the program improved their daughter's self-confidence.
GOTR is proud to provide program fee assistance for 75% of participants who otherwise may not be able to participate. To supplement the organization’s income from program fees and ensure as many girls as possible can benefit, GOTR raises funds through grants, individual contributions, corporate sponsorships, events and Board of Director and Associate Board fundraising.
The Bay Area Chapter began with just 8 teams and 110 girls and has grown to 79 teams and 2,200 girls. We believe that growth potential in terms of budget and girls served is quite strong. We serve girls in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties. www.gotrbayarea.org.
- Opportunity to be a strong advocate in the community for GOTR, contributing your prior leadership and fundraising accomplishments to a non profit with significant potential to continue its record of growth and impact
- Amazing group of collaborative colleagues deeply committed to the mission
- Experience the joy with our program participants as they finish their first 5k and build confidence for life
- Opportunity to work closely with a thoughtful, cohesive, enthusiastic, Board of Directors (with the support of a large Associate Board) to ensure continued successful growth
What we are looking for:
The Executive Director empowers the team and is the custodian of broad resources – funding, staff (Program Director, Program Coordinator, Events and Communication Manager, bookkeeper), volunteers, Board, Associate Board, and other community support. The successful ED will be a goal and measurement-oriented leader with experience across functional areas, especially fund raising. A track record of recruiting capable staff and contributing to the recruitment of Board members by referrals from your strong network are important.
Who you are:
- You may be accomplished more specifically in the fundraising/bus dev function and work closely with programming and/or operations functions of your larger, growth organization and are ready to take the next step to the top role of Executive Director.
- You love to champion great causes and story tell, inspiring others to action.
- You think strategically and creatively across multiple streams of revenue.
- You understand the need to proactively explore program expansion.
- You have worked closely with a Board of Directors to set challenging but achievable financial and operating goals, while meaningfully measuring progress/success toward goals.
- You have judgment to know how to go between broader, strategic organizational thinking and hands on contribution.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Demonstrated success of effectively leading change and organizational growth
- Strong fund development, marketing and public relations experience to successfully engage stakeholders, including funders, business partners, policy makers, media and communities.
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, tenacity, drive to fulfill our mission
Location: San Francisco Mission District (near BART)
GOTR is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. GOTR does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter with several paragraphs outlining your accomplishments in the areas noted, specifically including fund/revenue/business development to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Director.” Our apologies; we will only be able to respond to those whose experiences are a close match. A more detailed Profile will be available.