HR Assistant - Part Time
- Job posted by New York Stem Cell Foundation
HR Assistant - Part Time
The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF), a non-profit organization dedicated to furthering stem cell research. NYSCF seeks a Part Time Human Resources Assistant to provide administrative support to the Human Resources (HR) department.
The Assistant will be responsible for a variety of duties, including but not limited to the following functions; coordinate recruiting efforts, assist with on/off boarding staff, employee relations, benefits administration, immigration and direct support to the Associate Vice President. This position will interact with employees across NYSCF and will have a strong focus toward providing superior customer service. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, energetic problem solver with exceptional organizational, communication and people skills.
This is a part-time, hourly position with a commitment of 8 - 16 hours per week. The hours are flexible within a standard workweek of Monday - Friday between the hours of 9:30 am -5:30 pm. The HR Assistant can select a schedule of either 1-2 full days per week or 3-5 partial days per week.
- Assist with full cycle of recruiting, hiring and staffing of full time and part time staff.
- Help coordinate the overall on/off boarding process.
- Coordinate new hire orientation.
- Coordinate exit interviews.
- Assist with immigration lawyer requests. And maintain immigration documents.
- Serve as secondary administrator of benefit programs across key systems.
- Assist with the preparation of updating HR handbooks, policies and guides.
- Prepare and complete employment verification requests.
- Assist with coordination of reference checks and background checks.
- Review HR invoices for accuracy.
- Maintain HR filing and updating employee records (physical and electronic copies).
- Complete annual employee file audit.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local employment requirements, i.e. I-9, EEOC, and employee files.
- Providing administrative support HR department
- Special projects as assigned.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree or commensurate experience
- 1-2 years of HR experience (including internships) or an equivalent combination of education and related administrative support experience.
- Basic understanding of federal, state and local employment law.
Skills (e.g. Level of Judgment Required, Ability to Direct, Work Independently, Multi-Task, etc.):
- Superior customer service skills and extreme discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Able to examine processes and consider more efficient ones.
- Team player focused on organization and information management.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
NYSCF maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
Minimum Education Required