Orientation Durable is a recruiting agency specializing in the professions of the social and solidarity economy
We recruit a Director of Partnerships for Echo Studio.
Echo Studio is the leading European studio for the production and distribution of all-format documentaries and fiction (cinema, television, e-cinema and the web), whose content is centred on societal questions and a renewed perspective on the issues facing our planet. These include the environment, education, health, human rights, tolerance etc.
Echo Studio was launched by Bonne Pioche, the production outfit that brought us The March of the Penguins (Oscar for best documentary) and Dans la peau de Jacques Chirac (César award for best documentary) in partnership with The Walt Disney Company France and Charades.
Echo Studio is hiring a Director of Partnerships.
THE MISSION AND ITS CONTEXT
Mission 1 :
The Director of Partnerships will carry out an ambitious programme of funding development and diversification focusing on five main targets :
- French foundations,
- International foundations,
- The United Nations and other international bodies,
- High level international donors,
- Businesses and corporate foundations.
This funding, in the form of sponsorship, donations or patronage, will be dedicated to ongoing and projected Echo Studio film productions. The Director of Partnerships will also be asked to suggest ideas for production in conjunction with funders’ expectations.
Mission 2 :
The Director of Partnerships will develop non-financial partnerships in conjunction with specific audio-visual projects.
This second circle of partners will speak to issues of programme content, credibility and outreach. Targets will include NGO’s, research centres, well-known personalities and the media.
The synergy between financial and non-financial partners will be one of the keys to success in this position.
The Director of Partnerships will be responsible for :
- Being on the alert for and identifying both French and international opportunities be they informal or formal (call for projects for example).
- Using his/her wide network of contacts to take new partnership initiatives.
- Linking these new opportunities to new production proposals.
- Making direct contact with potential partners.
- Drawing up personalised proposals.
- Following up on the partnership and generating loyalty.
- Paris based position.
- Permanent contract.
- Occasional travel in France and abroad.
- Gross annual salary between 60 and 80 000 Euros. Possibility of bonuses.
Echo Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Your career history :
At least 10 years’ experience of which 5 in fundraising for high value social and environmental projects, including experience in the following fields :
- Identifying new partners.
- Approaching potential partners and closing deals.
- Following up and managing the partnerships.
THE WIDTH AND BREDTH OF YOUR NETWORK OF CONTACTS
- A strong network in one or more of the following target areas : French foundations, international foundations, The United Nations and other international bodies, high-level international donors, businesses and corporate foundations.
- A knowledge not only of the principal stakeholders, but also of the formal and informal decision-making channels: this aspect will be explored at interview.
- A very high-level ability to speak about the impact of cultural production and the way it addresses social and environmental issues.
YOUR VISION FOR PARTNERSHIPS
You will have a proven capacity both through word and deed, for conceiving and implementing partnerships :
- An excellent overall grasp of institutional fundraising (you will know how to draw up a frame of reference)
- A capacity to conceive and deliver presentations to different categories of donors, be they individuals or entities.
- Excellent knowledge of what sponsors expect from projects in the public interest domain.
- Wide-ranging expertise in strategic thinking and a capacity for translating this into action.
INTERPERSONAL AND COMMERCIAL SKILLS
- Empathy. Charisma. Capacity for adapting your discourse to different interlocutors, including institutional representatives. Leadership, poise, ease of contact with high-level directorships, pragmatism, dexterity, reactivity.
- Proven track record for closing deals in a satisfactory way. Capacity for transforming an informal discussion into a business exchange.
- Adherence to internal company culture.
- Very autonomous.
- Good general knowledge of, and interest in the broadcasting sector.
Negotiation level English with a capacity for gleaning both the explicit and the implicit.
Minimum Education Required