Are you a detail-oriented Receptionist who also possesses strong communication skills?
Do you have experience in education? Are you great at juggling multiple tasks and priorities?
We are currently in search of an Receptionist/Front Desk Assistant for an Educational Institution. The position is based in Hillsborough, CA. This is a temp-to-perm assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Institution
LOCATION: Hillsborough, CA
POSITION TITLE: Receptionist/Front Desk Assistant
HOURLY PAY: $17-$20.50/hour
SALARY: $45,000-$55,000/year (in permanent capacity)
HOURS: 8:00am – 4:30pm (M-F)
Is This Your Dream Job?
As the Receptionist/Front Desk Assistant reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for providing excellent administrative and operations support that enhances a quality learning environment. In addition to administrative duties, you will be the public face of the institution by answering and directing phone calls, checking in visitors, notifying the relevant staff when guests arrive, interacting with faculty and students, and contacting parents on behalf of students and teachers, as needed.
· Free Lunch
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 2-3+ years of administrative support experience
· Background in education helpful
· Strong communications skills, especially when interacting with students and parents
· High proficiency at Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent time management skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Answer all incoming phone calls in a timely manner, directing calls to the proper extension
· Answer school emails in a timely manner and forward messages
· Assist with sending faxes and distribute incoming faxes to staff upon arrival
· Make copies for staff and Parent Association, as needed
· Maintain office equipment, including printer and copier machine
· Order office supplies, as need
· Instruct new employees on the use of copiers
· Keep school database up to date and accurate
· Produce the “Morning Announcements” by compiling and editing copy sent via email
· Open reply mail containing checks
· Sort and distribute incoming mail to staff mailboxes
· Maintain postage machine, including ordering supplies
· Follow up with past due payments, as directed by the CFO
· Track sheets for the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
· Track daily employee attendance with sign in/out sheets for safety reasons
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Receptionist/Front Desk Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.