Senior Vice President - Asset Management Revenue
- Job posted by NYCEDC
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City's diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
NYCEDC's Asset Management Revenue (AMR) Division manages the overall strategy for conventional and non-traditional assets across all five boroughs of New York City including commercial real estate properties as well as transportation, critical infrastructure, and energy assets. The Asset Management Revenue department pursues a double-bottom line strategy, targeting not just economic returns but also multiple social metrics including but not limited to job creation and growing equitable neighborhoods. The overall assets are divided into multiple portfolios, each managed by a Portfolio Manager/SVP, with a Portfolio Surveillance group that monitors and enforces standards and practices across the portfolio. The division-wide portfolio encompasses all property types including those that are standard in the real estate industry (Retail, Mixed-Use/Commercial, Industrial, etc.) with individual Portfolio Managers also managing assets on behalf of the public sector and in public/private partnerships (transportation assets, including ferry, cruise, freight/rail, and aviation; retail and market assets; cultural, industrial and commercial assets). In fiscal year 2017, the department actively managed over 62M square feet at a 94.6% occupancy rate, generating $191M+ in revenue.
Your Role: Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of AMR, the Senior Vice President (SVP) will serve as an essential member of the Senior Management Team of the Department. The SVP's goals are to enable and enhance the collaborative and cohesive functioning of the Division as a performance and thought leader amongst double bottom line real estate portfolios nationwide. The Retail and Markets portfolio includes the public retail markets (New Essex Street Market, La Marqueta, Moore Street Market); wholesale markets, including the Hunts Point Food Distribution Center; as well as waterfront commercial properties, including the Coney Island amusement district, the South Street Seaport district, and Staten Island ferry terminal retail centers.
- Develop vision, strategy and tactics around the Retail and Markets Portfolio in collaboration with your team.
- Manage negotiations for mission critical and time sensitive acquisitions, dispositions, repositioning, and lease renewals across the portfolio.
- Develop strategic asset plans, asset redevelopment plans, and district plans, including the use of targeted capital investments and programming in order to activate and lease vacant space and achieve City policy goals.
- Present such plans and build consensus with EDC President's Office, senior staff, and interdepartmental stakeholders to obtain support for and approval of recommended actions.
- Propose, develop and execute cross-portfolio strategies targeting double-bottom line and/or policy outcomes.
- Directly manage staff members ranging from the Senior Associate through Vice President levels.
- Maximize credit revenue streams, achieve public policy goals and work with the Asset Management Operations department to create efficient performance at all assets.
- Oversee individual asset and portfolio P&L.
- In collaboration with Portfolio Surveillance, develop monthly management reports that highlight multiple bottom lines: economic development, social value/DBL, sustainability and cultural vitality. Evaluate performance of each asset class against industry standard margins.
- Source new businesses for available space and develop proposals and negotiate lease agreements.
- Set goals for and support integrated marketing and leasing programs across all properties.
- Manages tenant relations at each property.
- Manage the development and continual updating of a database of competitive properties in the market.
- Manage the development and preparation of monthly Lease Prospect status report by property.
- Offer Department-wide trainings on financial tracking and reporting procedures, modeling, and double-bottom line benchmarks. Provide mentorship to staff across the department.
- Develop and/or participate in special projects with City Hall and other City, State, and Federal entities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in business, economics, real estate, finance and/or law or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in real estate development, asset management, private equity, management consulting, investment banking and/or economic development
- Expert abilities in Power Point and Excel
- Ability to structure and sell a plan
- Highly proficient in real estate financial analysis, including NPV, DCF, ROI, ROE, alternatives analysis and other forms of quantitative decision-making
- Experience with zoning and land use to evaluate development plans
- Ensures procedures and personnel are in place for 24/7/365 emergency response
- Ability to manage and lead a diverse, professional staff
- Experience with identifying and developing training programs for diverse staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and ability to communicate with and present to executive level managers
- Expert, creative and detail-oriented time-management and project management skill set
- Expert communicator with highly developed analytical thinking
- 2+ years of direct supervisory experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- New York City residency (required within 180 days of hire)
- Experience with construction and building management and maintenance software a plus
- Experience with lease negotiation and drafting
- Experience developing public policy recommendations
- Experience with public spaces and markets
- Experience with retail leasing
- Experience working in small business incubation
- Multiple Bottom line investment experience
- Knowledge and experience with complex lease structures
- MRI (or similar software such as Yardi) Fluency and Experience
- Argus Enterprise, DCF or equivalent Excel experience in underwriting real estate
- Real Estate market research and/or appraisal experience
- NYC Real Estate experience
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) or Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) is a plus
New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City's primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC's mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City's competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City's many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. Like the city of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees' talents. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone's contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NYCEDC offers excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, heavily-subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave, commitment to work-life balance, and discounted gym memberships and Broadway tickets.
<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/bnvjnh2qj66y5wft"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vBw6G5PuWZWzrSnN6u1mPj">
Minimum Education Required