1001 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Do you have excellent customer service skills?
Are you interested in facilitating personal and professional development
opportunities for under-represented students across the country?
We are currently in search of a Program Assistant for an Educational Association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full-Time, Temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC (DuPont Circle)
POSITION TITLE: Program Assistant
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours/week
DURATION: Temporary (~2 months)
HOURLY RATE: 14.00-15.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Program Assistant will provide programmatic support to the internship program by assisting accepted applicants to find housing options for the duration of their internship.
How You’ll Spend Your Day:
- Assisting Program Coordinators with logistical arrangements for interns’ housing and travel
- Responding to intern inquiries via email and phone and process and archive intern applications
- Data entry on web based content management systems
- Supporting the Events Program Coordinator with event planning for the fall orientation, intern meetings, and tours
- Some local recruitment of DC, VA, and MD students from local institutions and conferences for opportunities
- Providing support on program monitoring and evaluation and quality control checks
- Supporting Program Managers with processing selections, rankings, and placements as needed
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- Experience working with students or in a customer service oriented role is a plus
- Spanish language proficiency is a huge plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with great customer service etiquette
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Program Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required