<h1>Program Manager, Water Programs</h1>
The Program Manager, Water Programs oversees projects to mitigate sources of lead in drinking water at child care facilities across Cook County and the state of Illinois. The Program Manager is responsible for leading teams to carry out day-to-day implementation of clean water projects, and leading continuous improvement and growth of the projects. The ideal candidate for this dynamic position is someone experienced in managing public sector grants and/or construction projects, and someone with a strong passion for ensuring children have access to safe drinking water.
The Program Manager, Water Programs reports directly to the Associate Director, Water Programs and will work closely with Elevate’s marketing, customer service, construction, finance, and legal teams. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Lead the design and implementation of a Lead Service Line Replacement program to help mitigate sources of lead in drinking water at home and center based child care facilities in Illinois.
- Develop and execute the program work plan, including the budget, schedule, and resources.
- Monitor the execution of the program, including managing program metrics, risks, and adjustments to the work plan as needed.
- Ensure project-related data and deliverables, such as invoices, reports and other contractually required deliverables are maintained and submitted on time to meet reporting deadlines.
- Manage communications and program data using Salesforce (Elevate’s CRM database).
- Conduct lessons learned sessions with the appropriate stakeholders, evaluate best practices, and develop new protocols as necessary to promote continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external teams, including Elevate’s water, finance, construction, legal, marketing, and customer service teams.
- Work with Elevate’s communications team on program-related materials, including applications, program education pieces, surveys, and other customer-facing marketing materials.
- Collaborate with Elevate’s lead testing program for child care providers.
- Work with Elevate’s construction team and plumbing contractors to schedule and complete plumbing repair work at child care facilities.
- Stay up to date on drinking water issues and potential mitigation strategies.
- Present on program progress and findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the water team’s mission to provide clean, safe, and affordable water for Illinois residents and throughout the Great Lakes region.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Public Health, or equivalent experience required
- Five to seven (5-7) years of project management experience required
- Experience in public sector contract or grant management strongly preferred
- Experience working with state, county, or local government preferred
- Knowledge and expertise on lead in drinking water issues highly desired
- Experience designing and launching programs preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with detailed reporting requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to help develop and establish team processes and routines preferred
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrated professional maturity and capacity to maintain confidentiality requirements of Elevate and various funders
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
The total compensation for this position includes health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.), defined contribution benefit (401k with contribution), professional development, generous paid time off policies, and a flexible schedule. This is an exempt People Manager position with a salary range of $75,000 – $85,000 based on experience.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Elevate will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace, and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation, or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Elevate. Contact the People Team with any questions or requests for accommodations.