THE CITY OF NEW YORK
INDEPENDENT BUDGET OFFICE
110 WILLIAM STREET, 14TH FLOOR NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10038
(212) 442-0632 • FAX (212) 442-0350 •EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
The New York City Independent Budget Office (IBO) is seeking a General Counsel. IBO provides impartial, nonpartisan information on the city budget, tax revenues, and the local economy to elected officials and the public. The agency’s General Counsel provides all manner of legal support to the agency in pursuing these City Charter mandated responsibilities.
The General Counsel will be responsible for providing legal strategy support and services to IBO, including:
· Advising the IBO Director and leadership team on all agency policies and protocols to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
· Negotiating, drafting and implementing data sharing and confidentiality agreements between IBO and state and local agencies
· Provide legal research in support of IBO’s analytical work and review publications to ensure accuracy of legal interpretations
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Admission to the New York State Bar required. Four years of recent and relevant legal experience, subsequent to admission to the New York State Bar, a plus.
· Excellent organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills, including the ability to take initiative, problem solve, balance competing priorities, work independently and with teams, pay close attention to detail
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and congenial working relationships with a wide range of governmental and external entities
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for two continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus by the date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Hybrid and Alternative Work Schedules possible. Part-time considered.
IBO is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary Range: $140,000-160,000 depending upon experience.
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 31st.
No phone calls please.