Chief Executive Officer
- Job posted by Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc.
The Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc. is excited to start their search for a Chief Executive Officer to take the organization to the next level. The Chief Executive Officer will lead this driven and committed organization into the future focused on growing the scale, quality, and sustainability of its impact. The CEO will serve as the organization's leader by setting an ambitious strategy and executing it as a team. The CEO will act as the organization's accountable executive, organizational change and team leader and advocate as the agency continues its growth goals.
The CEO has ultimate management responsibility of the organization either directly
or through delegated authority and implements the strategic goals and
objectives of the organization as established by the Board of Directors. With
the Chair of the Board, enables the Board to fulfill its governance function;
to give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the agency's
philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
Board of Directors interaction to include:
- Acts as a resources person to the Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Board Committees.
- Provides timely information to the Board on issues that require
- Board's review and approval, regulatory requirements, funding source
- requirements and procedures.
- Ensures PRFI's compliance with corporate laws.
- Ensures that Executive staff reports to the Board are submitted on a timely basis; including financial audits, risk management issues, and corrective plans.
Community and Public Relations:
- Represents PRFI in areas of PRFI interest at pertinent
- professional and community events.
Finances and Financial Management
- Monitors and supervises the Chief Fiscal Officer to ensure accountability, compliance and to ensure cash and all transactions are subject to checks and balances.
Fundraising and Development
- Supports the fundraising and development activities of the Foundation.
- Oversees the implementation of the agency Human Resources
- Department's procedures and practices.
- Provides direct supervision of the Chief Fiscal Officer, Deputy Directors, Director of Human Resources and Director of Information Systems.
- Works with executive staff and management to administer finance, human resources and program services. Brings policies, procedures, and risk management issues that may need clarification, review or modification to the Board.
- Keeps Board informed of matters that may have legal ramifications, risks, or may place PRFI in legal jeopardy.
- Oversees the administration and organization of service programs.
- Oversees the evaluation of program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evaluates expansion of programs and oversees the implementation of new programs
- Ten or more years' experience in a leadership role; managing in a non-profit human services organization dealing in multicultural programs and services.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish speaking
- High-level education in business administration, public administration, social work or related field. Wide range of knowledge and skills in management, social service provision, fiscal responsibility, organizational development, grants management, experience with programs reimbursed through Medicaid/medicare and private insurance.
- Exceptional leadership skills and quick decision making ability essential.
- Ability to network with for-profit and non-profit corporation executives, government representative, political advocates, media and private foundation executives
- Must have superior organizational and analytical skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere, to work collaboratively with a variety of people, with an aptitude for teamwork.
- Ability to attract, retain, train, develop and appraise staff effectively.
- Strong leadership skills required. Experience leading teams and managing projects.
$170,000 - $180,000 – Salary Range
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc. has retained PNP Staffing Group to lead this search. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Jared Siegel, Executive Recruiter at: email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes or inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org