Chief Marketing Officer
StoryCorps seeks a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) who will lead StoryCorps’ marketing and branding strategy for the overall organization, its content, and its products (e.g., the StoryCorps app and StoryCorps Connect) with an emphasis on growing national awareness of our work and content. The CMO will be thrilled by the challenge of making StoryCorps a household name. Specifically, the position will oversee StoryCorps’ overall branding and messaging across all of its external communications; grow engagement and reach on social media; envision and broker high-visibility partnerships for our content--especially our animated shorts; and work with both the Development and Earned Income teams to reach donors/customers.
Reporting directly to StoryCorps CEO, Robin Sparkman, the CMO leads the organization’s Marketing and Communications Department and leads a team of seven.
Key opportunities for the incoming Chief Marketing Officer are as follows:
· Utilize earned, paid, and social media, as well as partnerships, existing and new distribution platforms and other tactics to significantly expand the visibility of StoryCorps beyond our current NPR audience.
· Advance the brand voice inside and outside the organization; evolve the messaging and positioning of StoryCorps in a way that is strategic given the ever-changing media and nonprofit landscape.
· Grow the audience beyond public media by developing strategic partnerships with movie theaters, airlines, streaming services, smart speaker companies, and more.
· Build engagement with content and reach new, diverse audiences.
· Lead with a strong data and analysis orientation to drive development decisions and achieve strategic objectives, positioning StoryCorps for growth.
· In partnership with Executive Leadership and the Board of Directors, support StoryCorps’ business strategy for contributed and earned income and identify new business lines that can drive sources of revenue.
· Lead the marketing team with integrity and credibility to build and nurture high-performing, diverse teams that represent the cultures, languages, religions, politics, etc. of the people we serve, where everyone feels empowered, included, and cared for.
Additional background requirements:
· Minimum 10 years of experience as a senior leader at a national nonprofit in a marketing and branding role
· Inspiring and experienced leader, team-builder, and people manager; able to serve as a mentor and role model of excellence for staff, and to ensure a culture of inclusion, innovation, collaboration, and accountability
· Superior communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation); ability to communicate complex concepts to individuals at all levels in the organization
· Strong analytical skills and technical acumen
· Passionate about StoryCorps’ mission and thrives in a diverse working environment
Molly Brennan and Malissa Brennan of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To view the full position profile, please visit (https://koyapartners.com/search/storycorps-chief-marketing-officer/). To express your interest in this role please submit your materials here.
All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Chief Marketing Officer
StoryCorps seeks a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) who will lead StoryCorps’ marketing and branding strategy for the overall organization, its content, and its products (e.g., the…