Elementary School Principal
- Job posted by PAVE SE Raleigh Charter School
PAVE Schools, Inc. (PAVE) prepares Kindergarten to 8th grade students to thrive in competitive high schools and four-year colleges. PAVE provides its students with a rigorous academic program and a community built on the organization’s core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance, and Excellent Character.
PAVE Southeast, a Kindergarten – 8th grade public charter school in Raleigh, NC, will educate 400 Kindergarten – 4th grade scholars in 2018-2019. The campus will add a grade each year until it is a K-8 grade campus in 2022-2023. PAVE Southeast is a dynamic community-focused elementary school located in a 60,000 square foot facility with access to ample field and playground space.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Principal will be an experienced instructional leader who will lead the academic program for the 400 students who attend the PAVE Southeast elementary campus in Raleigh, NC. This proven leader will be accountable for all student achievement measures and school performance outcomes. This is a pivotal role in a school undergoing rapid school improvement. An ideal candidate will be laser focused on accountability and results, team-oriented and open to coaching, flexible and able to thrive in a dynamic environment. The Principal will report to the Executive Director of the campus.
The Principal will perform specific responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Instructional Leadership Implement an instructional vision and maintain school-wide focus on high standards of student achievement;
- Drive the implementation of a rigorous, standards-based curriculum, proprietary and
- state assessments, data management, and other academic/student systems
- Lead a dynamic professional learning community that embraces accountability and outstanding student results;
- Design, deliver, and evaluate research-based professional development that fosters improved student achievement, developmentally appropriate instructional approaches, using data to strengthen student performance, positive school climate, and productive staff morale;
- Coach, supervise, and evaluate staff through informal classroom visits, regular formal and informal classroom observations, lesson plan review, and written evaluations for instructional staff;
- Oversee and manage programs for special populations ensuring strong program delivery model and compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Establish a culture of achievement among students and adults;
- Collect and analyze a multitude of assessment data to identify areas of need and support the facilitation of school-wide instructional initiatives that lead us to our goals
- and equip staff to use data to strengthen instruction and improve student outcomes;
- Oversee a structured behavior management program.
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring and retention of exceptional teachers and staff;
- Collaborate with the operations team to manage, supervise, and evaluate effective procedures for the day-to-day operation of the school;
- Collaborate with school leadership on HR, budgeting, facility management, and compliance to fulfill the school’s academic goals.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with students and their families through communication, outreach, and collaboration;
- Engage with community stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Educational Background and Work ExperienceA minimum of three years of academic leadership experience; previous experience as a Principal, Assistant Principal, Dean, Mentor Teacher, or Department Head preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; an advanced degree in K-12 school administration, curriculum & instruction, or a related field, preferred.
- Skills and CharacteristicsA performance and results-driven approach to school leadership and student outcomes;
- A desire to intentionally grow in his/her leadership abilities;
- Experience coaching school staff to instructional excellence;
- Comfort synthesizing and prioritizing data to solve problems and develop strategies to achieve ambitious academic goals; familiarity with NC state assessment;
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytic skills;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to establish a team-building, facilitative rapport with peers, staff, students, parents, and external stakeholders;
- Willingness to collaborate around instructional decisions;
- Experience with local, state, and federal compliance;
- A demonstrated passion for advancing educational opportunities for all students.
Our Core Values Perseverance
We work purposefully, and relentlessly, to ensure our scholars can access lives of choice and opportunity.
We consistently uphold ourselves, and others, to clear standards of excellence for scholarship and citizenship.
We are fueled by our passion for learning, and approach our work with eagerness, humor and excitement.
We build trust by treating each other with respect and humility.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Absolutely no phone calls.
PAVE Schools, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Minimum Education Required