- Job posted by Weill Cornell Medicine
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: Education
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Exempt
Responsible for the operations of the expanding educational program for the Department of Healthcare Policy & Research. The existing offerings include an M.S. Healthcare Policy and Research with tracks in Biostatistics and Data Science, Health Informatics, and Health Policy and Economics, and a Certificate in Health Analytics.
- Manages application review process, including scheduling interviews and creating detailed application reports weekly for program and graduate school leadership.
- Communicates and responds to inquiries from potential applicants, updates application guidelines, sends announcements, assists candidates with completion of applications ensuring compliance with policies and guidelines & verifies applications for accuracy.
- Prepares admissions decisions letters, offer packages and scholarship notifications.
- Assists with the development of marketing strategies to recruit students and increase awareness of the program through presentations and in-person meetings. Ensures the education website content is up to date.
- Travels as a representative of the M.S. programs to recruit students and increase awareness of our program through presentations and in person meetings
- Coordinates career placement services including facilitating career fairs, networking with various departments, institutions, and corporations, and scheduling advisory sessions with faculty.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director for Education, develops programs and resources aimed at improving Student Life and Career Services. Improves student satisfaction, which is currently measured through surveys.
- Provides ongoing support to faculty teaching in the program. Provides training to faculty and/or staff in the use of the course software system.
- Collaborates with administrative leadership to identify process inefficiencies and recommend strategic solutions.
- Facilitates the integration of departmental programs and students with other institutional student support services.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Approximately 3 years of work experience, preferably in an academic/higher education environment.
- Experience with event planning and high level client interaction desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and database applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently and diplomatically in a high-pressure, complex environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self motivated, adaptable, and possessing a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to work off hours when needed, which may include weekends.
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Minimum Education Required