466 Geary Street
Are you a creative professional? Do you possess a strong aesthetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
We are currently in search of a Communications Assistant for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Communications Assistant
SALARY: $55K – $60K
Is This Your Dream Job? As an effective Communications Assistant, you will be promoting the brand of the organization through all communication materials and supporting the Communications Manager. You will be working closely with internal and external stakeholders to strategize all in-house creative work, including social media. You are a team player that possesses a high-level of critical thinking, discretion, and cultural competency in all you do for this organization. You will help implement communications projects and strategies while collecting data and maintaining databases.
· Medical, dental, vison, and life insurance
· Vacation and paid sick leave
· Retirement savings plan
· Progressive work culture
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 2-3 years of experience in communications
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Advanced in Salesforce, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience with Wordpress, HTML, and email marketing a plus
· Keen eye for detail and possess strong proofreading and copywriting skills
· Demonstrated ability to work under short deadlines, collaborating among teams, and previous experience volunteering with your local community
· Possesses an approachable demeanor, sense of humor, and a general interest in the mission of the organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Supporting strategies that increase visibility, expanding digital information sharing capacity, and strengthening internal communication systems
· Adhere to brand guidelines and be able to communicate effectively to staff, clients, and volunteers
· Written support to proposals for projects and reports
· Strategize content for organization’s seasonal and yearly needs and serve as lead in designing newsletters and blog posts
· Provide time-sensitive campaign collateral and assist with any web-related requests
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to tcheney@cnpstaffing with “Communications Assistant in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required