- Job posted by Elevate: Partners for Education
The incoming Executive Director will report to the Elevate board on a monthly basis and be responsible for the following:
- Setting strategic vision*
- Aligning programs and enabling talent to execute on vision
- Ensuring strong monitoring, evaluation, and learning capabilities within the organization
- Building organizational capacity (e.g. overseeing HR, finances)
- Securing organizational funds
*Strategic visions will be approved by the Board. Significant freedom will be awarded for the Executive Director to pursue opportunities that are consistent with ‘Our Unique Approach’ outlined below. Elevate is open to hiring an Executive Director to further strengthen the existing programs and/or to introduce new programs to the organization.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - self-starter with strong work ethic and growth mindset.
- Demonstrated track record of identifying high impact opportunities.
- A vision for the most impactful way to leverage the role of Elevate.
- Demonstrated track record of building and leading strong teams.
- Demonstrated track record of attracting resources to build organizations (powerful networker and strong communicator).
- An understanding of qualitative and quantitative research/evaluation methodologies (including a familiarity with theories of change, process evaluations, cost effectiveness analysis, and randomized controlled trials).
- Experience working in the Uganda education sector and/or with government partners is preferred, but not required.
** Position open to both expats and Ugandan nationals **
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience, including out-patient health insurance, vacation, and bonus opportunity.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent English verbal and written communication.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume, cover letter of no more than 1-page answering the question provided below, and two professional references with the e-mail subject line: Executive Director
Cover letter prompt: How do you think a nimble organization can have the most positive impact on the Ugandan education sector? (please note, Elevate is interested in your thought process, not whether you agree with its current programs).