Director of Learning
- Job posted by Build the Future Education Collaborative
Build the Future Education Collaborative is seeking applications and nominations for the position of Director of Learning.
About Build the Future Education Collaborative
Founded in 2015, Build the Future Education Collaborative provides support services to the Freire network of charter schools, which was established in 1999 with the opening of Freire Charter School in Philadelphia, PA. For sixteen years this school was led by Kelly Davenport, Ed.D., during which time Freire became one of the highest-performing high schools in Philadelphia.
Build the Future's leadership and staff support each Freire school and its leadership by providing services in the following key areas:
- Executive services: school leadership, governance, and facilities
- Educational services: developing school leadership, coaching and professional development, and performance management
- Operations: human capital, finance, school operations, information technology, compliance, and legal
- Development & external relations: fundraising and marketing
Build the Future now supports four Freire campuses in Philadelphia and Wilmington. Build the Future's work is guided by the mission to serve urban, predominately low-income students to further their achievement, advancement, and joy in school, society, and life.
For more information on Build the Future Education Collaborative, please visit www.buildthefuture.org.
Reporting to the CEO and Network Founder, the Director of Learning will initially be embedded in the newest school, Tech Freire Charter High School, and play a pivotal role in shaping the instructional vision and operationalizing the instructional systems that define teaching and learning at Freire. The Director of Learning will also partner with the school's leaders across the network to ensure that each student has access to rigorous curriculum, great teaching, and the academic support they need to succeed as well as ensure that each teacher has access to best in class professional development opportunities.
The key responsibilities of the Director of Learning include:
- Instructional Leadership
- Curriculum Development
- Professional Development and Coaching
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of Build the Future Education Collaborative
- Superior grasp of effective instructional methods and strategies for educating urban youth
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing multiple assignments, meeting tight deadlines, and willing to be flexible with a lean staff in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated success in the classroom, preferably within an urban school setting
- Master's Degree in Education strongly preferred; Pennsylvania Principalship certification highly desired
- Experience in and/or understanding of the public-school system or charter schools is desirable
Build the Future Education Collaborative has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Trisha Sutrisno here.
Build the Future Education Collaborative is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
Minimum Education Required