Executive Vice President- Real Estate Transaction Services
- Job posted by NYCEDC
The Executive Vice President in Real Estate Transaction Services (RETS) leads and manages a department of real estate finance and development professionals on projects central to NYC's economic development goals. RETS is responsible for leading as many as 70 projects from conception to closing, including project financial analysis, procurement, transaction negotiation and developer selection and project entitlements. The RETS team plays a central role in delivering on NYCEDC's mission of strengthening the City's neighborhoods and growing good jobs.The EVP reports to the Chief Operations Officer and is responsible for managing a team of Senior Vice Presidents through their portfolios of projects at every stage of their development. The ideal candidate has real estate industry experience, specifically with NYC-area development projects and public-private partnerships. The candidate should also have a strong understanding of, and appreciation for, public policy objectives, and have a track record of progressing and closing projects in challenging political and transactional environments where patience, persistence and creativity are key.
- Manage department of 25+ real estate and finance professionals and direct the implementation of projects to meet fiscal year and longer-term departmental and corporate goals.
- Guide and mentor transaction negotiations to maximize return to the City and NYCEDC; achieve policy objectives and meet NYCEDC's overall strategic plan.
- Display strong understanding of real estate development practices specific to the City and economic development and planning policy.
- Build and maintain relationships with governmental and quasi-governmental agencies, real estate developers and business groups, consultants, civic and community stakeholders, and cultural and professional organizations.
- Present, or oversee presentation of projects to office of the Deputy Mayor for Housing and Economic Development, NYCEDC's Board of Directors and Real Estate Committee, community members, City officials and other stakeholders.
- Direct financial analyses to isolate key drivers of investment return and determine project feasibility.
- Lead RETS involvement in land use review and entitlement negotiations with City Council members and land use staff.
- Oversee development of transaction project pipeline to ensure ongoing delivery of new economic development projects.
- Effectively manage department budget.
- Ensure team work performance supports and enhances organizational objectives.
- Anticipate critical path items to ensure timely progress and coordinate with other department heads and City officials regarding major project issues and challenges.
- Work and coordinate with NYCEDC groups and divisions to effectuate NYCEDC goals and priorities.
- Manage talent resources to meet business needs.
- Delegate and assign work as appropriate to employees' capabilities and NYCEDC needs.
- Monitor performance; provide coaching and feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all employees are oriented to their position and are provided with appropriate professional development.
- Promote employee satisfaction and take necessary action to maintain a productive and motivated staff.
- Communicate effectively and inclusively at all levels of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participation as a member of the retirement plan committee with fiduciary oversight of company retirement plans.
Minimum Education Required