Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for a full-time Audio Visual Technician (AVT) position in the Technology department beginning August 1, 2020. This position combines AV technician/support and media production. The incumbent will work with various constituents on campus to support AV events and video projects. Technology support includes hardware and software support to students, staff, and faculty on campus.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that enjoys robust benefits including 32 paid holidays during the academic year, 22 vacation days in July and much more.
Founded in 1898, SHS is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, independent school and is comprised of four divisions: SHS Preschool and Kindergarten, SHS Lower and Middle Schools for grades one through eight, and Sacred Heart Preparatory for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64?acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. Our mission is to cultivate in our students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life.
SHS employs over 350 full? and part?time women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives need?based tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into four?year colleges.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Set-up and assist constituents with standalone audio systems and projector setups and operate A/V presentation systems (including projectors and large screens).
- Set-up broadcast systems for in class and large presentations. Manage Zoom rooms, webinar, rooms, and large meetings.
- Consult and collaborate with Advancement/Admissions departments on video needs and live feeds.
- Create videos to support the school's mission.
- Create and organize digital media/slides for presentations and special events.
- Manage and support digital signage systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience and Education include but are not limited to:
- Technical or college degree with emphasis in the digital media.
- Ability to provide inspirational support, advocacy and technology assistance to faculty and students.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage interrupt-driven workload.
- Experience with various microphone systems, professional cameras.
- Experience, Adobe Premiere or other non-linear video editing systems.
- Video and camera hardware experience and the ability to troubleshoot analog and digital and video issues.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on the task at hand and excellent attention to detail.
- Effective, polite and eager communicator, both written and verbally. Calmness and rationality with a bias towards customer service. Ability to project a professional demeanor at all times and under pressure and to assess which people need more immediate assistance and act accordingly. Ability to work well with a diverse group of students and colleagues
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English. Additional abilities in Spanish are strongly preferred.
For a detailed job description please visit our Career Page or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.shschools.org/about/careers--shs
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Please do not contact the school by phone or in person. Please do not address your materials to anyone other than the addressees below. You may apply electronically by sending a resume and cover letter to HRjobs@shschools.org
You MUST indicate AV Tech 2020 in the subject line of an email submission. Or, you may mail your resume and cover letter to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027 ATTN: HR/ AV Tech 2020
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.